ETA on votekick?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Immanent, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Immanent

Immanent Member

Hey devs,
    will there be an eta for the votekick feature for public games?

2. Jedired1

Jedired1 Member

Bad, it should be up to the devs to decide
    it othergames like Tribes they abused it an kicked you out even if you hadnt done anything

3. Disci

Disci Old man

Thank you for spreading false information and being totally clueless about everything.

4. Freeman

Freeman RAYTANG

When have they ever given us an eta on anything? It's in the works, just be patient and know its their top priority atm.

5. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

I don't think it'll be much longer.

6. RisingSun

RisingSun Private Tester

Puddi Jerdired

7. Jedired1

Jedired1 Member

lol wt! its true !

8. Disci

Disci Old man

If you're talking about some retard T:V crew who kicks people out of the server just because someone says you're cheating, then that doesn't count. Admins and server owners are part of the *chocolate cookies* head group too so that makes it a whole lot different. You can't blame vote kick system just because there are idiots taking care of things who should be the ones punishing people for griefing. You know, guns doesn't kill people, people kill people.

9. stefygraff

stefygraff Private Tester

Yes! vote kick ftw! it's an easy system, it will make the game better!

10. Royalty

Royalty The Aussie

I suggest only giving certain players the right to vote-kick- eg moderators. Some people might abuse the system.

11. SeymourGore

SeymourGore Flatulent Cherub

I dunno, seems to me if a Moderator has to 'vote kick' someone, they would probably just kick the person outright. I'm not foreseeing many issues with a 'vote kick' system, and the community is small enough that if it does become an issue, we should be able to stifle it quickly enough.

Fixious likes this.
  12. Immanent

Immanent Member

Guns don't kill people, uh uh, I kill people, with guns.

No asian/aussy mods remember?

13. RockeyRex

RockeyRex Legions Developer

I kill people with
    Code:
    client.delete("bang!");

ripperthedipper and Fireblasto like this.
  14. Immanent

Immanent Member

Pfft dev.hax

15. RockeyRex

RockeyRex Legions Developer

Btw. ETA? 2 months, absolutely!

Ok, so here is the catch. I was already going to do this with admin tools but I got so soaked up with work suddenly that I really don't have time to do much. Thus vote side of things is coming a bit later than admin things (A month or two). The admin tools are already done, minus some annoying bugs that need to be sorted out.

Anyways, votekick will make an appearence along with other voting options. No accurate (or non-accurate for that matter) ETA.

16. WildFire

WildFire Warrior of Linux

Yay!

17. Synista

Synista Member

I know for a fact some people will just vote kick people for fun. Depends on how immature the community will be if they tag along though ;)

mario likes this.
  18. WildFire

WildFire Warrior of Linux

:confused:

19. Frost

Frost Member

Kicking people for fun? never.

I will however use this opportunity given to me by the Dev-Gods to never play with Ucan again. There's no need to ponder the minute details of that statement.

Piggeh likes this.
  20. Ucantry2run

Ucantry2run Private Tester

I hate you so much.

3lionz and Immanent like this.