Envy finally made a video...

Vox

Nice video envy. could do with a bit more editing. but other then that its a good video. second song name?

Anti_Envy

Private Tester
What's your mouse speed at? It looks pretty damn fast.

Nice video Envy - I love the Frostbyte OD Nade Jump MA catch. Absolutely awesome. :D

Mines at 30. Ive adapted to it. It is pretty fast but I'm not sure what my windows mouse speed is at.

Name of first song?

Till I Collapse Dubstep. Second song is Djbjra - Can i have a cookie. I know there is not any editing as I don't make videos so I really have no idea how to do so.

phanakapan

Private Tester
I don't mean to be overly critical, and there were certainly some nice clips, but I don't really understand the inclusion of a lot of the footage. imo there isn't really anything worth including between the double nade MA ending at 1:30 and the long MA at 3:00. An OD cap in an empty server? A midair grab followed by shitty teamplay? A midair return up the middle of frost after a long lul? And after the long MA, the random 10 seconds of uneventful respawn? The OD grab with mini toss where you bonk on the pole and get a really common short range snipe? I guess I just expect more from you since it seems like I see higher quality plays in nearly every pub. Shrug...

The editing could use some work, but I guess it is your first video.

Royalty

The Aussie
I don't mean to be overly critical, and there were certainly some nice clips, but I don't really understand the inclusion of a lot of the footage. imo there isn't really anything worth including between the double nade MA ending at 1:30 and the long MA at 3:00. An OD cap in an empty server? A midair grab followed by shitty teamplay? A midair return up the middle of frost after a long lul? And after the long MA, the random 10 seconds of uneventful respawn? The OD grab with mini toss where you bonk on the pole and get a really common short range snipe? I guess I just expect more from you since it seems like I see higher quality plays in nearly every pub. Shrug...

That pretty much sums up what I think. Not that my montage I'm currently working on will be any better!

Immanent

Maybe he doesn't have fraps on 24/7? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Fraps just kills my FPS, so I can't really stand to film any thing.

Disci

Old man
I can play fairly well with 20 fps. I've kept it on for days now and got used to it. Only times I have problems are close range duels and MA's. :(

Disci

Old man
Yeah, like I said, I got used to it. I played T1 with a crappy desktop and 20fps was normal for me back then. There really isn't that much difference after all, if you're able to adapt to it. Problems are close range duels and MA's but I can still do them fairly well. Sometimes fps just drops below the "critical" point and for a second I need to adjust my aim again. Not a biggy, imo. :) Still wanna see good quality pub recordings from people like Envy. We got one from Sharp and everyone can see what the skill level can be on highest level.

Immanent

Yeah, like I said, I got used to it. I played T1 with a crappy desktop and 20fps was normal for me back then. There really isn't that much difference after all, if you're able to adapt to it. Problems are close range duels and MA's but I can still do them fairly well. Sometimes fps just drops below the "critical" point and for a second I need to adjust my aim again. Not a biggy, imo. :) Still wanna see good quality pub recordings from people like Envy. We got one from Sharp and everyone can see what the skill level can be on highest level.
Large map chasing would be interesting pub footage!
Hint envy hint.

Anti_Envy

Private Tester

I understand where you are coming from. I don't even play legions much anymore as I am on vacation. The video has no editing. I really don't know how to do any of that. And to be honest I'm probably not going to play legions anymore because of Tribes Ascend. Sorry the video did not meet your standards. Ive seen all of your videos and they are very cool. Much respect but I just wanted to post at least one small video of my game style before I leave. Much respect.

Recording a full map using fraps for me is torture which is why I haven't tried. When I record I do little chunks. I know a lot of you expect much more from me but really ide rather not try as i fail at editing and such

Karnage

Private Tester
Don't see why the video needs editing. It's not an ad or anything. It's a good video and I am always impressed by your playing style Envy. Nice one.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Meh, Tribes Ascend looks all floaty and *chocolate cookies*. If you're not kidding, then farewell, hope you come back.

phanakapan

Private Tester
Here is what I posted on TW about T:A after playing for a while

It's not even half as fast paced as legions and generally slower and soupier than tribes 1. There is a hard speed cap at the moment which is awful and makes the game basically unplayable.

To clarify, you can hit the speed cap by skiing down a single hill, making routes pointless as you don't build speed in any way based on looping together hills and managing your jets. They claim to be removing the cap, but there are other issues that will basically make routes pointless.

You can't maintain any speed at all while going uphill. essentially you must fly/run up the hill instead of ski as skiing is essentially just a button to make gravity pull you down regardless of your trajectory. If you are going uphill this means it will pull you backward.

The jets themselves are terribly weak and take forever to regenerate, basically meaning the fastest way to go is to skim flat across the ground occasionally making very short very flat arcs to take advantage of the edges of hills or little bumps to maintain (but not build) speed.

The whole physics system doesnt mesh with the terrain at all currently and the game just feels slow, soupy, and generally restraining. I havent felt anything close to the freedom i felt in tribes 1 and when put against the 6 directional jetting and speed of legions it is almost comically slow and restrictive.

So yea...I will probably keep playing legions honestly.