Environmental Map Sound Effects

Now, I was thinking if there was any possible way to get some sound effects(not music) on the maps. For example, when on Frostbite or Nivosus, you would be able to hear the cold Sound FX whispering to you in the distance, giving you that feel of actually being there(hopefully you guys who have been in the cold in real life have heard this type of chill/breeze). Along with this idea, we could get some heavy SFX winds coming from Bladerun or Forgotten.. enhancing the sense of speed when riding those sweet hills, hitting 200MPH. Another example, is that I am on Core at the moment, and I hear no Sound Effects coming from the fire or smoke that is laid upon the surfaces of the map.

I recall that there was an individual in charge of the sound that is part of the test lead.

Is it possible to enchance the Legions experience by adding sounds to maps by any chance?

DKnight556

Sounds like a good idea. Only problems are time and implementation. I think the devs will shoot this down and work on improving the loadouts

They're working on other things rather than loadout as well, I can tell you that. I'm not saying that we should have this instead of loadouts, but it should be implemented in the future, don't you think? The devs can do whatever they like at the moment, I'm just pushing the idea.

I think the sound effects would be a very good addition to the maps, and i agree with angel that the maps don't nearly have enough sounds to it. :D

Vinzyboy23

Not just the sound but the camera effect also. Example: you can hear it's raining in Blade Run and you can also see the rain "sticks" on the camera. Or if it's snowing some snow sticks on the camera and disappears, but that's just a different suggestion.

Anyway it would be cool, I also want some sound effects on Launch Pads when you're using it.

Abandoned

You guys are expecting WAY too much.
This game is BETA. Still in development..
Sound effects aren't in the top priority list and it should come WAY later.

What do you want first? Player-Hosted servers or Sound effects..?

Level designers != coders. The guys working on the art assets are not the same guys working on the code back-end. It actually makes perfect sense to ask for a more immersive experience... It's a small thing to keep in mind when you're designing your map, and one that's often overlooked. Not sure if it's worth it to fit ambient sounds to all maps retroactively, but it absolutely can't hurt to bring this to the surface.

edit: Also, dismissing this because it's 'sigh realistic' is just lame for obvious reasons. In a game like this you want to have a believable game world where you can break all the rules. You shouldn't allow reality to interfere too much with the way the game plays, but you should try to make the world as believable and realistic as you can to maximize the effect. In other words: you shouldn't dismiss jetpacks because the technology is based on physical impossibilities, but you should make the meadows you fly over have green grass instead of red.

??? Where did I say that I wanted this as first priority? This can come last, for all I care, or for all the devs care. This just needs to happen, whether it be the near future, or 'till the end of the year.

..I suggested it because the devs said nothing concerning environmental sound effects in the past, and I thought that this would be a great start to introduce something that wasn't introduced before.

All I want to know is if the devs have the ability to do so, and if they have the will. If so, Legions gameplay can increase without the need for new weapons, or things of the like.

Disci

Old man
I think devs should hire me. I can mimic many different voices with my mouth and I could easily record some wind blow effects.

skypredator

One could just as easily create a long MP3 sound loop for maps as they could sit around waiting for someone else to do it. The loops wouldn't become louder if you came close to an object (such as Lava on Core, unless the said person was experienced in coding), but it's still something.