Download Egyptia

Defender

-Latest verions is = v03

Large map area, terrain taken from Zenith Cauldron, and modified.
Skybox from tribes2, I resized it from the original 512x512 to 1024x1024, for the nicer look and better resolution. Bases are indentical on each side, flag is out in front, side routes will be the fastest way to grab it.

Download>>>> Now included in the LegionsMapPack-by-Defender-v02
New screenshots coming for all 50 maps included in the pack.
http://tribalcombat.com/Maps/Mappack/

Royalty

The Aussie
Pretty darn sexy. It's a shame how the whole custom map thing works though...
I mean chances are only 10% of the Legions population even bothers to download these maps in order to play them :(
Would be cool if x amount of custom maps where added to the rotation each week, and automatically included in the launcher.

Defender

I know, and because we have no real sizable community, chances are slim to none.
The devs won't add this map to the game anyway because it uses costom contient not made by me and or with no permission to use.
If there was a way for mappers to put a download link with info for each map, that players see as they join a server running a clientside map, that may help a little. Tribes2, has this map info loading message, but still many players are to lazy to go download.

Royalty

The Aussie
I know, and because we have no real sizable community, chances are slim to none.
The devs won't add this map to the game anyway because it uses costom contient not made by me and or with no permission to use.
If there was a way for mappers to put a download link with info for each map, that players see as they join a server running a clientside map, that may help a little. Tribes2, has this map info loading message, but still many players are to lazy to go download.
Yeah would be cool if every map was included in the launcher, but you would only get asked to download that map once playing it for the first time, and you could have the option to not download it.

Defender

I just posted version_02, its included with the first version in the Egyptia.zip
Added a nice capture point in the middle, engineer cores enabled, FCNC game type enabled.
New screenshots posted above..

Fixious

Test Lead
I'm not sure an open cap point would be very good. You could just snipe people trying to cap from far away, and destroy their assets. Having one inside an actual pyramid would be pretty cool though.;)

Defender

The pyramid idea is good, if some one wants to make me a new pyramid.dts
I could add some walls around the deck area to give some cover or add more rocks.

Defender

I posted version 03, now the center capture point tower is protected from sniper fire.
Also added large rocks to give players a littile cover from each teams base..

GReaper

Grumpy
Yeah would be cool if every map was included in the launcher, but you would only get asked to download that map once playing it for the first time, and you could have the option to not download it.

We can't redistribute files which contains content that we don't have permission to - it's copyright infringement. It can never happen, sorry.

I've got no idea how this map plays, but it looks nice. You should work with other people to take these maps from a concept, tweak them to make them as great as possible for playing, and get some art guys to replace the assets with new versions they've created to get rid of any legal issues.

Defender

I'm not worried about legal issues, but I will make a better credits list and include it soon for everyone.
Most of the assets where made by a few Tribes2 mappers about 10 years ago, and have been used over and over again in differant maps.
The creaters of the assets gave permission in the map forums at TribalOutpost.com, and a few more sites, but a lot of people failed to include good credits with thier maps, so its been hard to keep track of who made the stuff. Some of the palm trees, bushs, etc, are from the RTS Environment Pack, I purchased on GarageGames.com, many years ago. The skybox was made by the tribes2, dev team. I can switch it out with a nice looking one that includes permission to use if any lawyers show up here and threaten to sue me. .:eek: