Editor question.

Armageddon

Teapot
I had asked fixious (<3) this question yesterday but figured i'd throw it out here anyhow to see if anyone had another method.

Back in T1 we(not "We" but plasmatic) figured out a "simple" way to have tribes load 2 (up to 4) terrain files. Say a desert and a grassy. It put more load on the server but it was possible without much lag. Is it possible to do this without a combined height map as fixious suggested? Fixious's method works but each time i want to modify one side of the map i have to import the height map over an i cannot use two sets of textures. What i'm trying to figure out is how to use two terrain files with two sets of textures and not combine them every time i make a change to side 1. I thought this might be possible since it was in T1 and since legions is a "kin" to T1/2 engine it might be possible.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Actually their forums are quite helpful and when it comes to scripting even more so. I'd never have figured out 75% of learning the engine without em`.

edit: When you want to search for something there, use the suffix 'site:www.garagegames.com' on your google search.

Defender

I don't think its possible in tribes2, I never seen it done, it would be cool to have maps with multiple types of terrain areas and detail textures.
Its also unfortunate they removed the upside down second terrain feature that tribes1 had, it was cool to have when making cave maps..

Armageddon

Teapot
I don't think its possible in tribes2, I never seen it done, it would be cool to have maps with multiple types of terrain areas and detail textures.
Its also unfortunate they removed the upside down second terrain feature that tribes1 had, it was cool to have when making cave maps..

Thats why i wanted to see if legions supported it, For a cave map. 8 textures and a fully enclosed map with all rounded sides would be fun.