Duel Server Map

Map switch on a weekly basis for duel servers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stefygraff

Private Tester
What do you think about changing the map on the duel server... its been very long time since this
I was thinking that maybe we can change the duel map from week to week(asking the dev. team and giving them flowers)
This way, we get to have more diversity and get to know and like other maps except for Frostbyte and a few more...

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
I don't know if there was something wrong with the duel server or if it was intentional, but one evening I went on the duel server, and the map was Elegiac.

It'd be great not to have to duel on just one map.

jago

I don't know if there was something wrong with the duel server or if it was intentional, but one evening I went on the duel server, and the map was Elegiac.

It'd be great not to have to duel on just one map.
i got it changed to Elegiac. Maybe we could get a rotation every 4 hours

lil_maniac

Yes i think it should but only the smaller maps, otherwise people will probably end up moaning if it ends up being something like core or forgotten, but still good idea

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
They only ever play PUGs, and these maps are hardly ever picked there. Hence, they don't really know how to play on them.

This is like the most wrong statement in all of history.

The maps are generally flawed for public gameplay, any large map is. Core is only reasonable for pickups, that map has great terrain.

lil_maniac

I really don't get why some of you guys don't like these maps...

To be honest, I dont have much of a problem with those maps, i was just saying that everyone else would probably end up moaning about it.. but then again it isnt much of a problem but atleast it gives a bit of map diversity instead of playing the same maps all the time :D

stefygraff

Private Tester
I really don't know about you guys, but im bored of playing the same maps over and over again!
WE HAVE 3-4 MAPS THAT IDLE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ON IRC.

Maybe if you play Core, Forgotten, Sleepwalker, you get to like them as much as you like Frosty or Zenith!

From this perspective we must change the community's vision for the game " I don't play Forgotten because i suck and i don't want others to see that"
Practice makes perfect, and we can use the duel servers for that!

Freeman

RAYTANG
i dont really see the point in switching the maps around for a duel server.

ctf, i understand. maps can change the gameplay and so on.
but in a duel server, all you do is...well duel. does it make that much of a difference where you duel?

enlighten me svp.

lil_maniac

all you do is...well duel.

Well as you probably know most people dont use the duel server for dueling, most people just use them to practice on and thats why most people prefer Frostbyte as a map to play on because thats what everyone plays most of the time.
Plus I guess it doesnt really matter if the map changes anyway because then it gives people an opportunity to practice on other maps un-like the more commonly played maps (Frost, Elegiac, Moon and Nivo). Also, when you duel, you only switch to the same team just so its easier and quicker to fight, even on Frostbyte and thats one of the smaller maps.. ^_^