Duel Server Idea

Metreon

I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar with the classic Star Wars: Jedi Knight series of games (the most recent, Jedi Academy, was outed in 2003.) Great game, by the way and still pretty populated.

Anyway, one of the multiplayer modes is a cool duel mode. It's cool in that it's a round-robin winner-stays on kind of thing. Two people fight, the rest of the server occupants are in observer mode. When one guy wins, the loser is switched to observer mode and the next guy in line faces the winner.

I think something like this would be pretty cool for Legions. I don't have enough familiarity with the inner workings of Legions to guess how feasible it is (JKA is a Quake III-based game, which is a beast I know well) but I figured I'd chuck this in as a suggestion.

Also, I loved Rabbit mode from the Tribes games. Just saying.

57thRomance

That seems like a cool idea. I remember when shadowdemonx9 still hacked this game. He would get rid of the ground in Mirage and put on full-OD so we could go on top of the tunnels, which form some kind of tower without the ground. There, we'd split up into two teams and do something similar to what you proposed with dueling. I think we also played Arena with those settings as well.