Does this really work?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I googled it and didn't find anything that claimed it to be a hostile program. Seems like it automatically tweaks your connection, no idea if it will help things for you, though.

Personally, I stay away from these programs, but I'm just paranoid like that.

Actually that *chocolate cookies* usually doesn't work
I've tried like 100s of them
but why don't you try it and tell us the result.....

57thEnryu

stay away, it usually doesn't work and is just bogus. Use the defrag and other scans that come with windows. AVG is also great if you want to use that.

Vinzyboy23

I tried it and it SLIGHTLY works. That's why I ask you guys. I don't usually trust these pieces of crap. Just want to know if you trust these products. I download and I instantly remove crap if it's crap.

@ ColoredSpades: Are those programs full version? It's just a 2 week trial.

EDIT: Oh well, guess I'm gonna wait patiently to Defragment my disk.

Application-1

test bester
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
The only thing I recommend, It closes down all the programs that are not needed to play a game. Wich results in a little ram boost.
I use this one for heavy games, I really recommend it.
The free download link goes to majorgeeks.com do not worry this is not some corrupted link.
It is just where you download it from. ;]

Vinzyboy23

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
The only thing I recommend, It closes down all the programs that are not needed to play a game. Wich results in a little ram boost.
I use this one for heavy games, I really recommend it.
The free download link goes to majorgeeks.com do not worry this is not some corrupted link.
It is just where you download it from. ;]
Thanks, but I watch Videos and download movies also, so no thanks.

MightySheep

My brother downloaded one of these programs that are supposed to speed up *chocolate cookies* and get u more fps and it worked great apparently

Propkid

Some of these program do work. If they do then there's TONS of legit user-made content/info about them (eg. youtube videos). However you should read about what does the program do before you download it, eg my friend downloaded a working program that created 'the ideal gaming background' meaning it turned off all of the unnecessary processes, services, connections and ports so that the CPU and RAM are as free as possible for the game you are playing. It made a huge difference in his game's (FSX) performance, but then of course he faced other issues like system stability etc.

The ones with 'free' in their names don't work, believe me -.- if you get tricked by those...

Also,
try system mechanic it clears up all the junk, registry, memory, all the stuff that boggs your computer system down. I believe there is a free trial, it really works good and is a great virus/malware protector. It litterally does everything for you with one click and you can even have the computer shut off when its done.

http://www.iolo.com/

View attachment 1059View attachment 1060View attachment 1061View attachment 1062

I have used game Booster from Iobit's game booster, and I love it. You can even choose what stuff not to turn off.... helpfull for when you have a razor mouse and you want to have a mouse in game..... hard lesson learned.