does the direct cable wire needs any instalation?

blacky_spy

mods suggested i use direct cable instead of WIFI, i am actually having problems connecting to the internet using the cable wire. I remember that the direct cable does not need any installation after plugging it to the laptop, it turned out that it needed an installation. i tried the installation following the catalogue i have and followed all the instuction given. finaly the internet status in the network settings mentioned---> internet accessebility and everthing seemed fine after many attempts to make that message show up(Windows Vista),however when i open my brower i cant connect to anything whatsoever. i think ive missed something or there might be a link missing.. any suggestions?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Are you using a DSL connection or a Cable connection? Some DSL connections require a login name and password to connect to their network and aren't simply 'plug and play'.

Severance

Private Tester
Assuming he's coming out of the AP switch it should be pnp for residential. Worst he should have to do is power cycle the modem. It sounds like there's other issues here on his PC. Static set, nic disabled, bad driver, etc