Discussion on RLoF vs HoF

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Hear hear on the snipers. Especially on maps like Zenith and Fallout, getting a couple snipers together will make the flagstand nearly untouchable. People complain a lot about 3-sniper defenses but they are complaining because damn, they work. They also can help saw through the LO much more quickly.

Disci

Old man
Hear hear on the snipers. Especially on maps like Zenith and Fallout, getting a couple snipers together will make the flagstand nearly untouchable. People complain a lot about 3-sniper defenses but they are complaining because damn, they work. They also can help saw through the LO much more quickly.

Snipers are easy to dodge. Also there are only few snipers who are aware enough to keep an eye on each direction actively so most of the time I have no problems with entering the flag if the route I'm using isn't the most obivious. Exiting might get trickier but with a sligth luck and extreme dodging I can get out of the range most of the time. LO has the most hard time cos of different angles snipers can take the shot from.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Snipers are easy to dodge. Also there are only few snipers who are aware enough to keep an eye on each direction actively so most of the time I have no problems with entering the flag if the route I'm using isn't the most obivious. Exiting might get trickier but with a sligth luck and extreme dodging I can get out of the range most of the time. LO has the most hard time cos of different angles snipers can take the shot from.
Fair enough. I know I usually don't keep all the directions covered except for Elegiac because there's really only three ways to get into the base fast enough. If you had three exact copies of Lanthus on defense, though...

Immanent

First of all plasma is not /chaining/.

Jeez qq what have you been smoking ;)?

And when you see a incoming capper and you shoot a rocket in his path then it does not matter if you can chain someone down from 100->60%.

To be honest, I beg to differ. I only chain them down from 100-60% or whatever number you want if I'm NOT the only person on D. Entering the base at 60% given that they are doing an OD route, and on a small map, will probably be exiting the base at 30% ish if they are lucky to not receive any splash damage on the way out. <30% hp leaving the base is a no brainer for a chaser.

his route will be disrupted and this can be done in 50+ ping (0-50 ping is imo quite the same).
MAs are more or less the same in 0-50 ping, but chaining is certainly not, I can tell you from experience. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything, but those who have 10-20 ping or less (me and st3lth) are automatically set apart from those who have 35-50+ ping. Even if we have the same "level of skill" hypothetically speaking, the <20 pinger will consistently do more damage, and quicker.

So it is more effective, and keeps you on watch for other incoming cappers. Also you can chain and then splash the stand.
Yes if you are the only one on D go for it, I tend to do that as well.

Armageddon

Teapot
On LD i like to meet them with MA's & BB, turn splash a rocket at the stand or closest object. If they get out, i hate to chase so i land a good rocket usually. Flag drops i skip over to it tralalala-lala and return.

Immanent

Say that to kasi, sixdevil, petrified, mari etc. I'm sure they'll agree with you!
I'm sure they do.
I've actually played with and against them.
I've also played with GReaper and Ajaxis back on IA shazbot.london server, and I totally got Graped by their 10 ping chaingun faster than any of those above. This was of course back on IA...

Like karnage said, I do know what I'm talking about, and I do play in differing pings every other day.

Disci

Old man
He was *chocolate cookies* during IA days. Dunno what has happend to him and I'm not happy. :(

Disci

Old man
128903536800864444.jpg