Discuss how Legions overdrive would be like on the PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xection

I would say it would be great and realistic.

It would probably have:
30 more maps and maybe a type of feature to add more maps.
10 more classes and insert more.
30 different types of guns.
Ranking.
Recorder in-game.
friend list.
chat room.
Mic, private messaging, clans.
5 different types of bombs to set, and throw.
mines.
In-game, there could be a way for four different teams to go against each other.(Blue, red, orange, green, grey, white, purple, black)
There can be a shop so you buy stuff with the money you earned during the game.
Shop: Guns, Armor, Increase rank, limited flying for 25 seconds, Change the color of your trail, bombs and MORE)
And last but not least, trading feature(Trade someone for what they have and what you have)

Remember, this is just a discussion.

You can show your own list of stuff that the game could be like.

Freeman

RAYTANG
lets discuss font colour.

dont use ones that blind people

/discussion

on topic. that reminds me of tribes: aerial assault, which was released for the ps2.

i dont really feel like going through each of your points and commenting, but over all, it doesnt really matter if legions was on a console or not. Most of the ideas you listed require a large(r) development team and some just come with the system. (private msg'ing through PSN or xbox live)

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
It would be T:AA but on the PS3, please refrain from using eye-hurting colours in your posts though. Simple black gets the point across all the same.

Arch

Legions Developer
30 more maps and maybe a type of feature to add more maps.
10 more classes and insert more.
30 different types of guns.
Ranking.
Recorder in-game.
friend list.
chat room.
Mic, private messaging, clans.
5 different types of bombs to set, and throw.
mines.
In-game, there could be a way for four different teams to go against each other.(Blue, red, orange, green, grey, white, purple, black)
There can be a shop so you buy stuff with the money you earned during the game.
Shop: Guns, Armor, Increase rank, limited flying for 25 seconds, Change the color of your trail, bombs and MORE)
And last but not least, trading feature(Trade someone for what they have and what you have.)

Trying to stick a z-axis video game onto a console that doesn't incorporate a mouse is not that easy. The movements just won't be as fluid imo. Besides we have, and/or are getting closer to having a majority of the things you listed.

- We're getting there with the outbreak of mapmakers. And you can add your own maps. Oh em gee!
- More classes may come.
- 30 guns? Are you serious?
- I think LTS incorporates that.
- There is an in-game recorder. Just those darned .rec files. Not many players/converters like them.
- Honestly, it sounds useless.
- Again, useless.
- Um, teamspeak?
- I'm sure we'll get there as some point.
- *Same as above*
- Money system isn't that bad of an idea but it still is a little too "out of the box" for this game and the community that follows it.

Delpicy

Can we please stop these threads about trying to spread legions to a different medium? No matter what way you look at it, it would be a HUGE undertaking, which would be time and effort much better spent improving upon the current game rather than rewriting it for the ps3. Plus, everyone has a computer, and chances are if your playing this game you have a pc machine, and even if you don't romance has a thread for a workaround for mac users. (no linux love though)

As for the rest of your ideas, this game is very fragile when compared to games like CoD. You can't just add a gun and have little to no effect on the overall gameplay. Thats why you can have 60 different guns in call of duty, as they all are essentially tweaks of one another, with different rates of fire and power, etc. Plus, since you can get killed in one shot anyways, its hard to overpower a weapon. In this game, you try to balance 30 different weapons. I'm at a loss to even think of 1 that would be balanced to add, let alone 30. Same thing goes for classes. Also, while Defender seems to deny this rule, it takes quite alot of work to make one map, and make it GREAT. Thats true for any game. Sorry, trying to be realistic.

Also, some of your ideas are implemented. Want to talk with someone using a mic? Use TS3. What to chat with someone? IRC. The game has built in recording which the devs are currently working on to improve. And I believe we have clans do we not?

However, some of your ideas have merit. A friends list would be a nice touch, although it probably wouldn't take high priority on the devs list, as with such a small community. Clan recognition and the old auth system would be nice too, although I understand why the devs had to get rid of it. Also team deathmatch or team rabbit sounds fun (and dare I say not too too difficult to implement?). Ranking is nice, as long as it doesnt affect your actual gameplay (again, problem with small community). Ranking and shops should only give you access to things that don't effect gameplay, like skins, trail colors, etc. Otherwise its just making the good players better and the bad players worse. And wanna know what happens when you get that kind of class gap? Civil revolution. :p Lastly, for trading, I deny this idea. It completely ruins the prestige of an item you EARNED. For example, you earned this seymour mask by being a handsome ladiesman. Then you traded it to Jordan for some canadian voice packs that he earned for being canadian. Now people think your canadian and Jordan is a handsome ladiesman. Thats deception ladies and gentlemen.

Arch

Legions Developer
The one thing that I would like to see is the game being playable on a Linux operating system without having to run it inside of an emulator. It's sad but this game is really the only thing keeping me from swapping out W7 for Ubuntu or another Linux Distro. And I guess it would be nice to see it be easier to run on Mac as well.

Xection

Can we please stop these threads about trying to spread legions to a different medium?

It's just a discussion about legions overdrive on the PS3....

Also, some of your ideas are implemented. Want to talk with someone using a mic? Use TS3. What to chat with someone? IRC.

You do realize that some of us don't have mics....
Some of us would LIKE to chat in game inside of on the site.
Don't really know what happened to the clans and stuff....

Delpicy

It's just a discussion about legions overdrive on the PS3....
definition of medium on dictionary.com:
4.an intervening substance or agency for transmitting or producing an effect; vehicle: air is a medium for sound
5. a means or agency for communicating or diffusing information, news, etc, to the public: television is a powerful medium
i.e. a gaming console is a medium for legions

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
The one thing that I would like to see is the game being playable on a Linux operating system without having to run it inside of an emulator. It's sad but this game is really the only thing keeping me from swapping out W7 for Ubuntu or another Linux Distro. And I guess it would be nice to see it be easier to run on Mac as well.

This. Get some code monkeys on it Seymour

Xection

When i said chat, i mean private messaging or typing in a chat room in the game.

Just because theres a TS3 server doesn't mean that we all have mics, private messaging or chating to someone would be good.

Jordahan

When i said chat, i mean private messaging or typing in a chat room in the game.

Just because theres a TS3 server doesn't mean that we all have mics, private messaging or chating to someone would be good.
You can chat and private message as well as well as talk on TS3..?

Freeman

RAYTANG

mics are not expensive. at all. the one im currently using cost me $3.

you would need a head set or bluetooth earpiece to chat on PSN anyways. which not everyone has.

Jordahan

Yeah this thread really has no point, you can even play with a PS3 controller on your PC if you wanted to.
Before you make a thread about that just Google how to connect a PS3 controller to your computer and use it as a gamepad.

/locked

Status
Not open for further replies.