Diablo 3 petition

ocarina_boy

The graphics style Blizzard has chosen to go with on Diablo 3 looks like a farie tale, like WoW. Lot's of Diablo fans angry. We want a dark, evil, creepy gothic theme like Diablo 2. An online petition has been made for fans to support a change to a more realistic artstyle. Here is the link for the petition website.

makeluvnotwarcraftzs3.jpg

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
In other words.

You wish everything to look gray contrasted with brown?

Realism. It keeps on ruining games.

Application-1

test bester
[13:18] <ocarina_boy> I get the feeling people automatically come up with an alternative view on something
[13:18] <ocarina_boy> just so they can have an alternative view on something
[13:19] <ocarina_boy> auto-disagreeing

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
[13:18] <ocarina_boy> I get the feeling people automatically come up with an alternative view on something
[13:18] <ocarina_boy> just so they can have an alternative view on something
[13:19] <ocarina_boy> auto-disagreeing

It's actually true. ;P

I like both, so it doesn't matter to me... xP

Gameplay = key, not graphics.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Personally I'm tired of drabby looking colours and wouldn't mind a dash of colour in my games. With that said, the 'How it should look' designs look like they're from a painting, so that's kinda cool.

Heartsong

I was bothered more by the phrasing "HOW IT LOOKS LIKE" and "HOW IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE" than the art style.

MJ1284

We want a dark, evil, creepy gothic theme done so well in Diablo 2 (one of the best videogames ever made). Not a World-of-Twelve-Year-Olds-Kiddy-Cartoony-Warcraft theme. An online petition has been made for people to express their support of more realistic graphics in Diablo 3. No, we aren't a bunch of graphics-mongerers.
Mind you, most Diablo 2 players are (and were) twelve year old kids.

Incorrect art style can break a game, especially a dark-fantasy series like Diablo.
Aye, I nearly wept blood when I saw gameplay trailer of Dragon Age 2. I just hope this cartoony-theme style passes quickly.

ocarina_boy

I found a great thread on a Diablo fan website forum that was really relevant to what I'm getting at.

Quote from Fanusvr

"Don't crucify me before reading. As everyone has noticed D3 draws heavy influence from wow. Colors, art style, ui ect. Has anyone wondered why? Before wow Blizzard had 3 ips that had legendary status each a gem in its own right. But then wow boomed blizzard into new financial heights, right then and there they knew they had a working formula in the bag. Thats why every consecutive blizzard game will draw from that, whether its no lan in sc2 and likley d3 because with lan interest in battle.net 2 wont be that high,and they cant make money like that can they, but when you have to use bnet thats not a problem. So forget what they say and use your brain. Blizzard is now a money *lady friend*, they dont care what the fans want, they want to appeal to the most people as possible and wows succes has given them that. They will obviously say otherwise because bad pr means less money,and thats fine those dudes have to make a living,but dont pee on my face and tell me its just raining. Hail to inblizzy ward. At least they dont hide it."

I don't give a damn how the game looks, but it better be a good game to "play" or I am going to the blizzard building here in austin and giving them a piece of my mind!! It has been to damn long to *dancing* care about how it looks, I want this game now!! Screw you blizzard screw you!!! WTF 6+ years for this game.... 6+ years and it is just going to be like a *dancing* update for d2!! Take some time away from that gay WoW game and make this game matter!! So help me I know some red necks I will get a truck full of them and hunt you down blizzard CEO!!

*foams in mouth and falls over* /end of QQ

MightySheep

dunno anything about this but judging from first post I have to agree, the original diablo style was like the whole thing that made it awesome

it was that which made it so immersive and scary, from wat i can see that wow gayness seriously ruins the game

+1 to OP

Propkid

If anyone played Diablo for the gameplay mechanics/PvP etc then they didn't get the point of the game. Certain games create atmosphere and are there to provide the player with a new experience. Diablo 2 was and is just an amazing game to go back to so that you remember the old days (I was a kid when I used to play). Atmosphere is built up in many ways, with gfx being really important. Best games I can think of that owe a lot to their atmosphere (w/ or w/o gfx) are Condemned, Mirror's Edge and The Witcher. If you played them then just imagine Condemned all bright, Mirror's Edge all blurry and dirtyish, The Witcher without the 'kurwa'/storyline/dialogue/character.

Realism. It keeps on ruining games.
He doesn't want realism, but some sort of conservation of the old style.

Gameplay = key, not graphics.
In this case the gameplay is the experience/feeling of the game, ie. graphics too.

It's not that I like things dark etc. I love the DOTA 2 candyish graphics design, it's just that Diablo is a dark and gloomy game and it deserves the proper gfx.

-Zero-

i work in jose trucking. and yesterday we deliver 543 diablo 3 cases for the iphone 4.
Edit: 543 boxes full of diablo 3 cases for the iphone 4.

I'd rather play with the second one. But it'd be nice to see an option in game for people to switch from one to the other.