Destroyable and repairable buildings

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Make the buildings destroyable and repairable.

Phew. Okay, a couple things:
  1. Are you talking about the base assets (which are currently limited to ammo refill stations), or the base structures themselves? Because if it's the latter you're talking about, destructible buildings bring up a whole SLEW of issues, the least of which being: what's the point of repairing a destroyed building? What tangible benefit does destroying a building get a team, and what would a team get back by repairing said building?
  2. This is the third post I've read from you, and all three have been blunt to the point of rudeness. If I may suggest, try taking a little more care in your phrasing. These forums aren't a platform for players to make demands of the development team, but your tone comes across as pretty darned demanding.

rrr598

Phew. Okay, a couple things:
  1. Are you talking about the base assets (which are currently limited to ammo refill stations), or the base structures themselves? Because if it's the latter you're talking about, destructible buildings bring up a whole SLEW of issues, the least of which being: what's the point of repairing a destroyed building? What tangible benefit does destroying a building get a team, and what would a team get back by repairing said building?
  2. This is the third post I've read from you, and all three have been blunt to the point of rudeness. If I may suggest, try taking a little more care in your phrasing. These forums aren't a platform for players to make demands of the development team, but your tone comes across as pretty darned demanding.

then how about this: "Can you make the buildings destroyable and repairable?"

Daphinicus

Private Tester
/me points to his first bullet:

Are you talking about the base assets (which are currently limited to ammo refill stations), or the base structures themselves? Because if it's the latter you're talking about, destructible buildings bring up a whole SLEW of issues, the least of which being: what's the point of repairing a destroyed building? What tangible benefit does destroying a building get a team, and what would a team get back by repairing said building?

Or, to rephrase: How do you feel destructible bases would add to the gameplay? What sorts of situations do you envision in which one team would be encouraged to destroy another team's base, while the second team would be encouraged to repair their base?