demos on youtube!

Arch

Legions Developer
The person that copies and distributes non-freeware material is also known as a pirate. SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA were created to put these people at bay. But to no avail, they didn't do very well. Nonetheless, searching for and acquiring this material without use of monetary substance, such as Fraps or Dxtory, is counted as illegal and discussion of such material is frowned upon on these forums.

xlr8434

sooo i got fraps but its a little laggy when im recording:( anyways i can fix it? i think its the graphics card i may have to buy a new one and a new mobo. i also want to know how to change the format of the video so itll be easier to upload please!

Arch

Legions Developer
sooo i got fraps but its a little laggy when im recording:( anyways i can fix it? i think its the graphics card i may have to buy a new one and a new mobo. i also want to know how to change the format of the video so itll be easier to upload please!
Yeah. That's why dxtory is kinda nice. There's an options to lock the fps of the video and the recording to a constant fps to help weed away some of the lag. What fps are you recording at? Format can easily be changed by opening the original video file in a converter such as Format Factory (freeware) and saving it as your desired format.
see the lag? uploaded the vid
Honestly, I don't see any lag. It won't look like your actual gameplay do to the recording being at a lower fps than your actual (in most cases). In my opinion, 30 fps is fine and anything over 60 is a bit of overkill for montages and the like.

Side-note: I recommend recording from demos, if you're not already. Makes it a lot easier and takes a bit of stress off your system.

Fixious

Test Lead
I'd also recommend Dxtory. It'll likely help with the lag. Mess with the recording FPS settings as well, and make sure they match your in-game fps (i.e. if you only get 30 fps in-game, don't set fraps/dxtory to something like 60).

xlr8434

well im converting it from 12,636,394 kb which is like 12,300mb down to 52.23mb WOOO:rolleyes: btw when you convert it what is it doing? what is it cutting out?

Vox

Ok well things i suggest to make your video a lot better.
1. Don't record a whole game, only record the good parts( a far distance midair, good flagplay, etc.)
2. Get a better screen capture software if that one makes you lag
3. If your computer is slow, either buy a faster new one or buy some parts that will make it better.
4. Spend time on your video if you want to make it good, don't just record a whole game and throw random music on and call that good.

xlr8434

Ok well things i suggest to make your video a lot better.
1. Don't record a whole game, only record the good parts( a far distance midair, good flagplay, etc.)
2. Get a better screen capture software if that one makes you lag
3. If your computer is slow, either buy a faster new one or buy some parts that will make it better.
4. Spend time on your video if you want to make it good, don't just record a whole game and throw random music on and call that good.
thanks vox

Arch

Legions Developer
new video didnt take that long still laggy but is there any way i can make the quality better?
Record in a different codec. I'm not sure how to do that in Fraps, or if it's even possible for that matter. If you are using Dxtory there is a dropdown to select the codec to record in. There is also the fact that you converted it to make it a smaller file. The compression might have affected the quality of the footage.

Fixious

Test Lead
What are your system specs (RAM, video card and processor)?
How many FPS are you getting in-game, and how many are you recording at?
What are you using to convert it? If Format Factory, what settings are you using?

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Not that I'm aware of. If you're referring to 'thomas b', it ain't him.
Yupp, that nickname got me thinking. But the voice didn't match my memory (plus I'd be surprised to see Munge and Buhlitz playing together to be honest). Derail over. Commence talking meaningful *chocolate cookies*.