Demo will not load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Correct me if I'm wrong. I think some of the bigger files take quite some time to load. Try waiting for a while.

Vox

Well I tried loading the demo for about 5 minutes and i didnt touch it or mess with it and it did not load. So i think there may be another problem. But i'm not sure what it is.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
If you leave a server after recording , restart legions before you record again to avoid a potential bug right now.

Whats your computer specs ?

Vox

Processor: Intel duo core cpu 2.10ghz
8gb of RAM
64Bit Windows Vista Home Premium OS

Any more specs needed? I just found all of this by right clicking my computer and selecting properties.

Triad

Legions Developer
You'll just have to do it by hand for now.

What you have to do is paste "demorecording::startrecording" into the console right after you hit "Join". This needs to be inserted before the "startmissiondownload()" function is called or the demo won't work. You'll see this function printed in the console window, so be sure to get the demo recording function typed in first.

Vox

But what if i'm trying to load a demo from the demos menu in the main menu and I hit load and some of my demos just don't even have a progress bar. Thats the issue i'm having. I tried waiting a bit but i still got no success.
Other demos i've recorded have worked however. But some don't load at all.

Triad

Legions Developer
The ones that don't work are useless, you can't use them so delete them. If you want to be sure your game will be recorded, you need to type in the function by hand otherwise it's a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.