Dedicated Servers (West Coast)

Molten Dwarf

Well, it appears there's no servers on the West Coast of the United States. I'm offering up my box, and I can easily install a copy of Windows on it in a virtual machine if needed. But if you're not willing to use others' servers just yet, can I request first dibs on public dedicated servers?

1077810642.png

1077811426.png

1077812372.png

1077813074.png

1077814121.png

1077815957.png

Siper

Private Tester
This would be so awesome, I live in Arizona and I get over 100 ping on the current server. I'm sure other west coasters would appreciate it too, though I am not sure how difficult it would be to set it up!

Karnage

Private Tester
My ping would be 173 which for me is awesome. I definitely support this seeing as they are probably never going to have an Asian server.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
Being on the west coast myself, I'd love to see a west server so I could have some good ping now and then. Unfortunately, we are not currently distributing the resources necessary to run a dedicated server. We also don't see this current situation as optimal or scalable, and are working towards making it so we don't have to host all of the servers.

Molten Dwarf

...And necro.

I'm going to be shutting my LA servers down soon, and will be putting a new server, more powerful than all my previous ones combined, up in Hurricane Electric's datacenters in Fremont, CA. Again, if the Legions team would simply like either: a user account on the Ubuntu-based server (given they can compile a linux binary of the server), or if they have a copy of Windows Server and would like a VPS to run the OS; it's all theirs. Secondly, I am also willing to sign an NDA and/or administrate the server to get this up for everyone. Finally, if needed, I can also make the user directory or the VPS encrypted if desired.

New server specs: Intel Xeon processor (I forget the exact details, but it's at least quad-core, and at least 2.16 GHz). 8 GB of DDR3 RAM. 2 TB WD BE Hard Drive. 100 Mbps connection. Also note, I will be upgrading the specs over time, it has two sockets on the motherboard for CPUs of which I am only occupying one, and twelve slots for DDR 3 RAM of which I am only occupying two slots currently.

This new server will be online before the 18th of May, 2011.

GReaper

Grumpy
Speak to BugsPray.

We're currently not in a position to release the server code at this point in time. However speak to BugsPray and see what we can do.

Molten Dwarf

In my opinion, it's not really releasing if you are putting the binary on the server (not technically giving it to me), and especially since I wont even look in the user directory, or let alone be able to even know the name of the binary (in the event you use a VPS). :p