Darker theme.

A2

A nice little gradient of dark-blue and a lighter shade of blue, from down to top maybe?

Ultima

Agree on the darker theme.
This bright theme... /shiver
It's a bit distracting, or at least make darker borders between posts. I'm very confused as to where one ends and one begins majority of the time.

Maybe a background like the Firefall forums?
Perhaps available as an option, but remember the more complex the background, the more that people on slower computers will struggle. Personally even though my computer's not that slow, I'm all for faster load times, so I'd much rather either a plain colour background, or something fairly simple (like a gradient)

I think that a dark blue theme, following the way of the header would be best also.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
My complaints with white forums has always been the sigs. Those same colors that would normally blend in on other forums are suddenly BAH! in your face. Its just a nuisance...

57thEnryu

yah, I have a bunch of transparent sigs that look great on a lack background, but on white are horrible. On white backgrounds I have to use JPG non transparent ones to impose the black...... don't like it

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Like my sig for instance was originally black, but I had to invert the colors (which still make it look cool, but it looks best in its native black...)

If we did have multiple themes, we should be able to have alternate sigs that would show up so that people don't try to make one for their favorite and sacrifice everyone else by making it blinding.

Or we could just make signatures that work moderately well with any background colour.
(Except yellow. Anyone who makes a forum background bright yellow deserves to be shot)

Severance

Private Tester
the ability to load in your own custom css would be awesome. A darker template would be great, not necessarily black, but a darker grey scheme.