Download Damage Notify

Delpicy

hey everybody!

I was playing around with editing the damage notifier image, and ended up with this simple blood splatter. Its dimensions are a little off, but its easy enough to scale with paint or Gimp. I made this in about 30 seconds just to see how modifying the notifier would work out. All things considered, I think it turned out fairly well. If anyone wants me to make a specific damage notifier, I'd be happy to make it and put some real effort into it. I just made this to show that it can be changed. I will probably be making a better blood splatter one anyway

Attachments

• damageNotify.png
    damageNotify.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
  • damageNotify.png
    damageNotify.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 1

Delpicy

This is just a picture I downloaded right off the internet and tried out. Thanks for the advice, I will try to make the time to make one with a a blood drop or two, fix this one (I chose this one because it was curved), and maybe even make a few into bloody shapes haha. Then it would be easy to just change the colors around, lets say, if you wanted to have alien blue blood. Or green. The hard part is just going to be getting it just right, as this picture looks fine as it is, but it seems a little stretched in the game. I'll probably get around to making one this weekend. If anyone has any shape or specific request they want me to make I will make it a priority however :)

Royalty

The Aussie
No. Just no.
I know this only a mod, but no blood splatters and no gore is the reason I am allowed to play this game.
My dad is against legions enough, just because it's a shooting game....

Delpicy

Then don't download it and leave it for the rest of the community.

I actually like the idea.

This.

Also, if you have any suggestions to anything else that i could make, suggest it. Bunny rabbits? Can do! Haha. The only problem I see at the moment is that the image is centered around the center of the screen, which looks kinda strange. Will work on it though

RedInk

Great idea!
But there needs to be a script of some sort that will implement with many other blood splatter png's, allowing them to switch... Seeing the same splatter can get tiring ;)
I'm curious with the size and quality. I'll fool around with this and try to find a solution.

EDIT: I just realized this is the arrow! I thought this was the dead notify that hovered over the injured body!

I thought it was like the file I have attached...

Attachments

• playerDead.png
    playerDead.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 5

up_ur_guts

heres one ive been useing for a while if anyone wants it,

just incase the file path is---live-client-gui-images-hud

Legions2011-05-2609-20-22-96.png

Attachments

• damageNotify.png
    damageNotify.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 3

Delpicy

ive tried both of these out, and I'm gonna haveta say nice work :). I like up_ur_guts especially, since it is nice and simple, and it looks the same when getting shot from behind, etc (not flipping upside down, because it is a circle). Its kinda strange if you are hit with a RL or something, but still good job

Delpicy

Workin on the screen crack effect. I took a picture of a lightning bolt, seperated it from the rest of the picture, and inverted it. It looks okay, its just that it isn't lined up yet and its color is blue. I found out that if you make a really large picture for it, its centering gets all screwed up and goes through the reticle. Using this, I could possibly create one that uses the entire screen every time you get hit, persay a crack going off in 5 different directions. However, I cannot make the cracks intensify, which would be really cool.

Mahidhar

I tried to locate an image, which I used as a psp wallpaper. It had a really good cracking effect. Also, I couldn't find any good ones. I believe you guys will do better creating the cracks on your own. Looking forward to your work.

Delpicy

Okay, this one I am proud of. I made it so the screen flashes red when you are hit! @ Madihar, since the damageNotify icons stack when hit consecutively, the intensity of the red increase after getting hit consecutively! Works best for being hit by CG. Also, I tried to minimize the size as much as possible to fit my entire screen, so if the edges get cut off for you, just go to gimp and scale the image. I will post it up top too. However, just to be clear, you can always see.

Attachments

• damageNotify.png
    damageNotify.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 5

Mahidhar

Cool, but here's what I really had in mind. OK, so first you create a transparent image full of cracks(like how you make reticules) right? Then you edit this created image, while reducing cracks on it, a bit and save it as a different image. Now you take this new image and edit it again, so the next produced image gets lesser cracks and so on. You make a bunch of these, and use them as damage notifiers. For example, you created three of these images. Image 1(one with the least amount of cracks) will cover your screen, in-game, when you have </=75% of health. Image 2 will replace image 1 when you have </=50% of health, and image 3 will show up at 25% health. This is the type of damage notification I was talking about.

As you see, your idea of notification is quite different than mine, but I'll still be grateful if you apply the above method to yours. I had that idea when I was thinking about the beeping -critical health- sound in-game, although I doubt it's possible.

Still, good job my friend, and keep up the good work. I will try it out, now.

P.S. - I lol'ed at how you misspelled my name, in your post. ;)