Download Crusade

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
crusadej.png

This map is a new take on my first map I ever made for legions.

I used the terraformer (something I never do) so the terrain is completely random. Its foggy due to the ease of spotting people, and the background is awesome... just saying :p

http://www.mediafire.com/?8y15xvoxddnl5an

Installing:
put the HeapSky in the skies area of your legions folder. (its in legions-data) and the rest into the missions folder.

Playing the map: Load up a working map (frostbyte) then use the control panel to switch to the map and play it. (this is a bug in the game, BLAME POPONFU!)

Points of interest:
Fog, too much?
Bases, way to open?
spawns good?
terrain style. (the half light half dark idea)
capping ok?

EDIT: how the hell do I resize that monster?

Defender

Sitelogo2.jpg

I like it, reminds me of some of the good old simple tribes maps, I like the large round flag platform. I would have resized the skybox to 1024x1024, before uploading it, 1024x1024 looks much better to me.
rockout.gif
roulette.gif

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
If it did, you'd be able to rocket jump from one base to the other. Tribes maps don't translate to legions well, at all. There was never a time I wanted to use tribes terrain as it is MUCH harder to navigate in legions.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
You could scale the terrain though, make it the same as the tribes terrain but just scale it so it takes up a bigger area of the map?

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
The most popular maps in Tribes have a large vertical movement to them. (Stonehenge, Rollercoaster, Canyon Crusade, Dangerous Crossing) that's something legions can't do well, the most Tribes like map I've seen for legions is Misty Mountain Hop, but the vertical movement in that map made it seem larger then BR, and this community hates large maps.

On topic with Crusade, the original had ridiculously steep hills, huge canyons, and very close bases (in tribes terms). One-to-Oneing that wouldn't create a good/fun map. Every map made for legions needs to be made with legions in mind first, other games/mods second.

I won't simply port over terrain because it just wouldn't fit. If I ever do maps that are based off of other ones, it will be in spirit, not one-to-one. (like Crusade)