Crash when joining server

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile_wars

So I'm using Windows 8, didn't have the old Legions, downloaded the live and public test folders. Live works fine, however Public Test is causing a problem. I have Directx11 installed and updated, downloaded the past release files to make sure this wasn't the problem.

I can create a game myself, and join the '[DC] 140 test-modded' server fine. However if I try join my any of my local servers [UK] Pheonix, or indeed others [JP] Atlas, [TX] Hotswap, once hitting Join the program crashes as seen below.

Can anyone help or explain how I can provide further info?

lo.png

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
You'll need to use the 'Live' option to connect to regular servers, and public test for the 1.40 servers.

smile_wars

I see, is there a way of knowing which servers are running the public test version and which are the live version? Or just click through them!

stefygraff

Private Tester
The Legions launcher has 2 options right now: update Live and update Public Test, select PUBLIC TEST AND INSTALL!!!

smile_wars

Sure, so players can only play public test by loading the public test version via launcher/file, and can then only join a server if it has also been updated to the public test version.
To access servers where their owners have not updated to 1.4 you would have to load the live version via launcher/file.

Think I've got it straight in my head, right?

On a positive note, works with W8!

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I see, is there a way of knowing which servers are running the public test version and which are the live version? Or just click through them!

Yar, unfortunately there's not an easy way to know for sure. At the time being you'll just have to judge by the name of the server (which isn't always the clearest). I'm hoping at some point the nerdbombers improve the server navigation window with a 'version' field header or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.