Cooking (and cancelling it)

Propkid

First of all I need to say something
hahaha.jpg

and this
suprise.jpg

Mabel <3

Anyway, what i would love to see added to the grenade system is 'cooking'. The longer you hold the nade the shorter it takes for it to explode after you threw it + it can explode in your hands.
And it would be really nice to see a 'cancel nade throw' function. Same goes for flag throws.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I don't know how on earth you'd keybind that though... It seems all well and good otherwise and would add some finesse to throwing grenades. When I first read this this morning, I started thinking about it, and a few hours later, I still can't figure out how to do it...

Propkid

the way it is done in CoD: when you press and hold G your character pulls the pin and waits with the throw until you release G. If you are using a grenade that allows such 'manouvers' then while holding G you can press 1 or 2 or 3 to switch back to your main weapon. I suggest same for grenade throws and flag throws (I should've made this my main suggestion, the cooking isn't what I'm really after).
IMO no need for more explanation on how cooking would work.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
What you don't understand is that currently holding down the throw key increases the velocity of which the nade will be thrown at. How do you combine throw velocity adjustment and cooking?

Propkid

What you don't understand is that currently holding down the throw key increases the velocity of which the nade will be thrown at. How do you combine throw velocity adjustment and cooking?
Holding down the throw key for ~1second makes the grenade go at full speed. The 'cooking timer' could start off once that 'full speed throw' point is reached.

Propkid

Well haven' figured that one out yet. Been busy trying to figure out how to lick my elbow and score a grenade MA at the same time.

Mhi200

Set fuse time in options? Never have i seen a game that combines cooking and velocity change except with that.

Also, if you think about it, "canceling" the cooking part is theoretically impossible. You can't pull the pin on a grenade and decide not to throw it. If you do, your dead.

w00tyou

The pin is pulled, hold lever as long as you want for a hard throw, when lever is released (When the nade is thrown) it has a timer, lets say 3 seconds, then it explodes. Simple.
The longer you hold the nade the shorter it takes for it to explode after you threw it
This never can happen because it has a set time of said 3 seconds. Just how nades work.

Edited out obnoxious, large picture.

skypredator

What if you held down "F" for a longer throw, "G" to "cook" the grenade, and both "F" and "G" for a longer-distance, "cooked" grenade?

Propkid

What if you held down "F" for a longer throw, "G" to "cook" the grenade, and both "F" and "G" for a longer-distance, "cooked" grenade?
Nice, also maybe:
G= pull pin
F= throw
A throw without pulling the pin is just like throwing the nade looks like today. A pull of the pin without throwing the nade... :D