Consistent Fail to Join Game Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_1_K_E

every time i close the legions launcher when im done playing i have to re-install it becuase if i dont i will faithfully get the "failed to join game error". ive tried to suggested fixes on the listed bugs report page but they dont work.

A2

2gtc6d5.png

Attach that file in your post.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
That log looks like you've been happily playing. Please try to reproduce your connection issue, close down the game, and then post the logfile.

Darklord

Private Tester
GFXCardProfiler (D3D9) - Unknown capability 'GL::Workaround::X1600LimitClipmapSize'.
Allocating a 512 px clipmap for a 8192px source texture.
- 4 base clipstack entries, + 1 cap.
- Using approximately 6.650000MB of texture memory.
GFXPCD3D9Device::waitForLostDevice - Device lost, waiting to reset...
GFXPCD3D9Device::waitForLostDevice - Waited for 2028ms but device still lost, aborting wait

Looks like a graphics card issue, if this actually is a console.log from directly after a failed connect attempt. Doesn't make much sense that you would have to re-install though. Are you running the launcher from the zip file or something?

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Darklord, this is the usual crash on minimize I'd say:
Code:
Mapping string: MissionEnd to index: 16
Win32Window: appEvent LoseFocus
Mapping string: MsgPracticeStart to index: 7
Mapping string: StartMissionDownload to index: 24
GFXCardProfiler (D3D9) - Unknown capability 'GL::Workaround::X1600LimitClipmapSize'.
[...]
Mission ends, he alt-tabs, game crashes. I have the same issue here. More logs about that bug can be found here: http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/game-crash-loading-map-while-minimized.523/

M_1_K_E

i think thats what ive been doing , i called it re-installing . i deleted the live folder opened the launcher typed my name and password etc. . then played

GReaper

Grumpy
Please attach a console.log after you're unable to connect.

Redownloading the game each time isn't helping us to help you.

GReaper

Grumpy
You aren't launching Legions.exe directly are you?

You must launch it through the Launcher - otherwise you can't join any servers due to the authentication being required.

M_1_K_E

thanks for your efforts you guys i was slow to realizing my problem. i wasnt launching legions correctly, i didnt comprehend what you ment by launching it through legions.exe. i thought that the only time i was to use the "legions.exe" file was when i was downloading the game and if i did the process a second time i would just download it again while it was already installed. but now i see that it just verifies and lets me play. i feel so dumb but thanks anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.