The Aussie
Specs: Windows Vista Home Premuim
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz
RAM: 3 GB
32 Bit

Any other info you need?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Need graphic card info, found on dxdiag. Most likely it is overheating because legions is creating much more heat inside the computer by it running. Also, when does it overheat, when you load legions, or 5 minutes into the game or longer?

Synista

This happened to me... I think it happened when my RAM and CPU usage went too high and then my laptop decides to shut down because it overheated. I just bought a new laptop instead of wasting time to fix it. I think you're better off doing that too.

Royalty

The Aussie
Logs, dxdiag.txt, some details about shutdown (blue screen?), CPU and GPU temperature logs maybe
It shuts down screen goes blank instantly, all power off. If I try to start the laptop immediately after shutdown it won't startup, I have to wait 20-30 seconds so it can startup.
If you have motherboard GPU then It would probably be that it's overheating.
Do Laptops have motherboards?
Need graphic card info, found on dxdiag. Most likely it is overheating because legions is creating much more heat inside the computer by it running. Also, when does it overheat, when you load legions, or 5 minutes into the game or longer?
It overheats whilst playing in a server, like 2-5 minutes into a game. I'm not using that comp now I'll get the info to you ASAP.
Logs, dxdiag.txt, some details about shutdown (blue screen?), CPU and GPU temperature logs maybe
I'm not using that comp now I'll get the info to you ASAP.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Of course, every flipping computer has a motherboard. MOTHER = MOTHER OF ALL THE COMPONENTS.

EDIT: You need a new computer.

Royalty

The Aussie
Of course, every flipping computer has a motherboard. MOTHER = MOTHER OF ALL THE COMPONENTS.

EDIT: You need a new computer.
Yeah, it shuts down to save damage or a fire hazard.
Then why did you ask that question? The computer I'm using now work fine with Legions, however it only has 20 FPS. The one that shuts down however has about 80.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    33.3 KB · Views: 15

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Then why did you ask that question? The computer I'm using now work fine with Legions, however it only has 20 FPS. The one that shuts down however has about 80.

He was referring to a GPU integrated into the motherboard not the motherboard itself. As for your laptop, I believe the Radeon 2600 was a dedicated chipset. As the others suggested, I'd recommend running a program like speedfan (speedfan.org) to monitor your temperatures. With my laptop, Legions would begin shutting down on me (I was also affected on other games), but my temperatures were getting really high (can't remember the exact temperature) then it would shutdown.

Just a thought anyhow.

Update: Oh, just realized that I didn't post how I corrected this issue. Namely I just cleaned all the gunk that amassed in it. Here's a helpful guide on how to clean laptops (might not be exactly like yours, though):

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/how-tos/how-_give_your_laptop_cooling_overhaul

D

Doom Of Neroflame

i had this problem for 3 months ended up rebuilding the machine, all it was is the to many processors were running and overheating the inside of the machine i took side panel off for few days and kept it cooler and ran for longer...how many case fans do you have?

not all problems need to be solved by buying a new machine