Computer Science and Technology Degree @ USYD

aus.hsp

Private Tester
So, I got accepted into University of Sydney - which I am over the moon about and just wanted to share my subjects with all of you.
Hopefully, after my degree, I will be qualified enough to code Leejunz ;)

Computational Science in C
Computational Science in Matlab
Data Structures
Differential Calculus
Foundations of Computer Systems
Foundations of Information Technology
Integral Calculus and Modelling
Introduction to Programming (Not really - more like the learning the skeleton of all languages)
Professional Engineering and I.T.
Statistics

Tell me what you think! :)

Wuzgud

Legions Developer
Calculus is really really fun. I'm not one for programming though =P. Congratulations, by the way.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Torque is easy to learn if you know C#. Torque has a lot of peculiarities about it, but overall, it's decently easy to learn. If you've had programming classes before, you should be fine.

Triad

Legions Developer
Congratulations on getting accepted, going to a university is a great choice. Since you'll be majoring in Computer Science you'll be more than qualified to code in TorqueScript since that's only a scripting language, not a programming language. Once you start learning a language such as C/C++ (that's what the engine is coded in) and become skillful at it which takes time since there's a lot more to learn than just the language itself (e.g. data structures, algorithms, understanding what the compiler is doing with your code etc.), you'll become very valuable to everyone not only because you can program well in that language, but because you'll be able to program in any language (which is how it is these days).

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Computer Science majors unite!

P.S. Congrats :)

Excelsior!
nerds-3.jpg

aus.hsp

Private Tester
Congratulations on getting accepted, going to a university is a great choice. Since you'll be majoring in Computer Science you'll be more than qualified to code in TorqueScript since that's only a scripting language, not a programming language. Once you start learning a language such as C/C++ (that's what the engine is coded in) and become skillful at it which takes time since there's a lot more to learn than just the language itself (e.g. data structures, algorithms, understanding what the compiler is doing with your code etc.), you'll become very valuable to everyone not only because you can program well in that language, but because you'll be able to program in any language (which is how it is these days).

Thanks man! Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it :) Should be fun! And remember! You are my go-to-man :p haha - if you are cool with that... ;)

Jordan?!?! Is that you brotha?!?!?
bFNK

and... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
There's actually a pretty good number of us that can script at this point.

3lionz and Shisk are both good. The Disaster knows TS quite well. I think Nighthawk can. Defender does. I can. Arch seems to be working on small things. I'm sure I'm forgetting some (not counting devs :p )

So you've got plenty of people you can go to for help. ;)

aus.hsp

Private Tester
There's actually a pretty good number of us that can script at this point.

3lionz and Shisk are both good. The Disaster knows TS quite well. I think Nighthawk can. Defender does. I can. Arch seems to be working on small things. I'm sure I'm forgetting some (not counting devs :p )

So you've got plenty of people you can go to for help. ;)

Oh I can code (not the best)... haha but after this degree I should be pretty beast :p