Download [Client/Server Mod] Skin Selection

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Note for Advanced Users: I have written this as a bit of an idiot's guide. If you are familiar with the console/programming, my apologies but given that there is no GUI, I wanted to help the others through the process.

Well, after numerous people complaining about how this didn't make the transition from IA to LO, I made a mod that allows you to choose the skin of your loadout. There is no GUI at this time (though I would like there to be at some point), so everything is done by the console.

For the convenience of non-technical users, I have attempted to make this as user-friendly as possible. Simply open the console by pressing Ctrl+` (Ctrl+` is also the keystroke to exit from the console). This will bring up the console which to a non-advanced user will look like a mess of lines of computer code on your screen with a text box at the bottom. You will be calling functions directly. You see, ordinarily, functions are called by things like other functions or button presses. Since there are no buttons as there is no GUI, you will be calling those functions directly. Simply type in the function and hit enter to run the function. For simplicity sake (and because everyone hates memorizing console commands), I have only made one that you'll need to remember. All others are actually printed out to the console so you can see them (and thus don't need to remember them) Anyways, the one you need to know (or at least until you are satisfied with your skin) is:

Code:
PrintSkins();

By typing that into the console exactly as written above, you will cause the game to print out a list of things in the console that will look like this:

Code:
-(0) Outrider Head-
(0) Default
(1) Bare
(2) FourEyes
(3) Marksman
(4) Spoiler
---------------
-(1) Raider Head-
(0) Default
(1) Precursor
(2) Skull
(3) Crest
(4) Bare
(5) BlastShield
---------------
-(2) Sentinel Head-
(0) Default
(1) Armored
(2) ScarFace
(3) Legionairre
(4) Spike
---------------
SetHead(%skinNumber,%loadoutNumber);
ConfirmSkins();
-(0)Outrider Body-
(0) Default
(1) Blue
(2) Camo
(3) Navy
(4) Racer
(5) Imperial
(6) Stealth
---------------
-(1) Raider Body-
(0) Default
(1) Blue
(2) Green
(3) Navy
(4) Pirate
(5) Imperial
(6) Snow
---------------
-(2) Sentinel Body-
(0) Default
(1) Blue
(2) Gold
(3) Jungle
(4) Navy
(5) Imperial
(6) Steppe
---------------
SetBody(%skinNumber,%loadoutNumber);
ConfirmSkins();

As you can see, there are indexes before each armor class and before each individual head/body skin. These will be critical. You'll also note the presence of more functions: "SetBody(%skinNumber,%loadoutNumber);", "SetHead(%skinNumber,%loadoutNumber);", and "ConfirmSkins();". SetBody and SetHead are the functions you'll want to use to choose which head/skin are set on which armor class. Let's say that I want my outrider to have the default head and the racer skin. I would first type into the console and hit enter:

Code:
SetHead(0,0);

The reason is that the Outrider is indexed as zero and it's default head is also indexed as zero. Because I want the racer skin, I'll type the following into the console next:

Code:
SetBody(4,0);

Just as before, the racer skin is indexed as four and the OR is indexed as zero.

After selecting your preferred skins for all three armor classes (you need not be an armor class to choose it's appearance), simply respawn and you will have that skin the next time you respawn.

After you are satisfied with your selections for all three, simply type the following into the console:

Code:
ConfirmSkins();

This will save your skin selections to a .txt file on your computer so that future games will keep your settings.

If you were to play on a server with this mod and did not select a skin, you would simply appear as either the default appearance of that armor class or would be a random appearance (depending on a list of circumstances). Also, note that in every game you play, you will have to respawn once (or die) to get to your preferred skin. Given the number of times people respawn at the beginning of a game to get a good position, this shouldn't be an issue. If you join in the middle of the game, it's not terribly different from the funkiness of you only going into something other than Gunner if you open the pause menu.

Download Skin Selection 1.00

Credits:
  • Primary Design: Volt Cruelerz
  • Design Planning: Wuzgood
Plans:
  • Integrate GUI
Hopes:
  • Integrate into game as default after GUI creation
Invitation: If you have artistic/coding ability and would like to help with the construction of the GUI, please respond in here or PM me. We would like the GUI to look nice which means artists, not to mention that it needs to be functional, and frankly, I suck at GUI programming :p so if you're a GUI programmer, we'll need your assistance.
Thank you for reading.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
this is something that requires installation on the server side which means that the devs would have to stick this on their servers before it would work. Downloading this and attempting to use it on a server without it installed will do nothing.

Wolfe5381

well i understand that BUT its just a few files where do i put them for when i have them in the game i have all but skin selection i dont know where that files goes unless im doing it wrong all together i just need to know where all the files goes

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Drag the downloaded folder into your public test folder. Then, copy your public test folder and paste it somewhere with a different name. From then on launch the mod from the executable. The mod will be wiped from your public test the next time you run the launcher.

Wolfe5381

wait that didnt help should i just replace the folder with the same names with the same folders shouldnt that work? because what you said didnt work at all cant you just tell me exactly what to do? because its not helping at all just saying to throw the folder blindly into public test....

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
The installation of this mod is the same as all other mods with client and server components. Go into the folder that you downloaded. You'll see multiple folders such as Server or Legions. Copy these folders into your public test folder.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Is this kind of thing going to be included in the update? With aforementioned GUI? That'd be pretty sweet, especially seeing as everyone misses choosing their own skins.

Arch

Legions Developer
Is this kind of thing going to be included in the update? With aforementioned GUI? That'd be pretty sweet, especially seeing as everyone misses choosing their own skins.

wink.gif

Arch

Legions Developer
i didnt come in any folder anything just a file
annoyed-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-156.gif

Click the download link and save the file someplace. Okay? Okay, now open the file. This is done by double-clicking the file itself. Okay? Okay, now that we have the file open we have to copy a few folders. Now don't get all flustered, copying can get pretty difficult but just stay with me. Click on the folder entitled Skin Selection. Okay? Okay, now you should see three folders. This part gets tricky, but stay with me. You need to select all three of the folders. I know, it sounds hard, and it's even more difficult than it sounds. So here's what we are going to do, click on one of the folders and while pressing the ctrl key press on the other two folders too. Good job, you have successfully selected 3 folders! Okay, now we will need to copy these said folders. Right click on one the folders, make sure not to unselect them or else you're in deep trouble, and a menu will magically appear. Select copy from the menu. Congratulations, you have copied the files! Now we will paste them in their necessary place. Now you will need to find your Legions Overdrive folder, from which you will need to enter your live folder. Now we will carefully right click in an open area within the folder and select paste. Woohoo, you are done! ffs

Long story short: Just copy the three damn folders entitled mods, server, and Skin Selection into your damn live folder and merge with existing if it *dancing* asks you to.