chat bug joys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelioth

I'm confused. I can't change my settings in my game. I was seeing what was what and clicked the arrow over on "show chat" or what have you. now I can't see either the in-game chat or the quickchat. I can still hear quickchat and the chat window still comes up showing me who kills who and that sort of thing, but that's it. not communication and I have no idea who's causing the voices I hear (which may be something you guys can't help with, but I digress).

also. I'm ASSUMING this is the console.log file, but windows isn't telling me WHAT sort of file it was before I copied it over. here's hoping.

Attachments

• consolecopy.txt
    127 KB · Views: 4

snob

This was also occuring for me aswell, until I went into prefs.cs and set $Pref::player::ChatDisplayChatMessages = 1;. Though this should be looked at so players can toggle chat messages on and off.

Xelioth

immediately after posting this thread, it's spontaneously fixed itsself. I have no idea why....

but I'm having a similar issue with my voice setting. I keep choosing Snakey but it resets to Sarge.

Xelioth

thanks for the quick fixes!

nope. no matter what I set that line to, it just sits on Sarge. I also noticed a few lines below that another instance referring to the quickchat voice, so I tried changing that too. any combination of changing and not changing those lines results in no change at all in-game.

Xelioth

Thank you for reading the OP of this thread before downloading.
wait. what? that thread's OP doesn't mention anything about my issue. and I was only using the original voices when I posted this (though I've since downloaded the T2 voice pack so I can hear the people who use it).

edit: ok, best I can tell you must be referring to your mention of the console in that thread as a means of changing the voice.

1. you don't mention how to access the console, so telling us to use it doesn't do much good.
2. coming into the bug forum and telling me I should've read the mod forum before posting here doesn't make any sense. I'm not going to read through every single thread in every single forum before posting. I searched through the bug reports, found nothing about voice chat settings, and posted a thread for it.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Because you posted that some of your favourite voices are missing from the pack, I assumed you downloaded it. Thus this suddenly became a mod issue instead of a bug. I am not talking about the little chat error you had in the op, but the options bug on voice selection you posted later.

Now first, the script section of that pack is optional if you only wish to hear the voices. So feel free to remove that. It is likely causing the issue you are describing.

Also the console is not needed for the script to change voices. Describing how to open the console is a pain with all the different keyboard layouts. As stated you can change the voice you wish to have active from the prefs.cs and changing the value of "$Pref::Custom::QuickChatVoice". Reason why something like this needs to be done is because the game does not fully support custom voicepacks and we need to shout at it to make it obey.

Now if this is not the issue you are having, I appologise. But considering how fitting it is, I couldn't really pass on it either.

Xelioth

Because you posted that some of your favourite voices are missing from the pack, I assumed you downloaded it. Thus this suddenly became a mod issue instead of a bug. I am not talking about the little chat error you had in the op, but the options bug on voice selection you posted later.

Now first, the script section of that pack is optional if you only wish to hear the voices. So feel free to remove that. It is likely causing the issue you are describing.

Also the console is not needed for the script to change voices. Describing how to open the console is a pain with all the different keyboard layouts. As stated you can change the voice you wish to have active from the prefs.cs and changing the value of "$Pref::Custom::QuickChatVoice". Reason why something like this needs to be done is because the game does not fully support custom voicepacks and we need to shout at it to make it obey.

Now if this is not the issue you are having, I appologise. But considering how fitting it is, I couldn't really pass on it either.
.....check the dates? I posted to the other thread much later and about a completely different issue. This thread is about me, without any modifications, not being able to change my voice selection. NOW I've downloaded the T2 voicepack (and am actually having an issue with that), but this is not the thread for that issue. this is a bug report thread. first about my chat not appearing correctly and now about how my voice settings are unchangable. even now that I've gotten the advice to go in to my prefs.cs and manually change things, I'm STILL not able to use a different voice. this is in no way, shape, or form related to your thread or your mod.

edit: ah ha. ahahahaha. ahahahahahahahaha! I say that, and installing your mod has apparently fixed my issue. oh well. whatever, I'll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.