Change log + upcoming changes [plz?]

Do you think the devs are giving us enough info about their progress on Legions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Propkid

First of all I don't think this suits in the 'Suggestions' since that board is full of unfeasible, game-related, hype-caused, 'this-would-be-so-cool'-inspired ideas, while this is more of a message to the devs and a poll for the playerbase. So I want to get something done, and not write a huge post full of crap just for the giggles.

Since I'm being a passive Legions player (i.e. I'm just lurking about waiting for the fun content to come up) I'd really like to easily find out about the current state of the game. The blog is running well, but it's not exactly a change-log. I could find out a lot about what is going to be integrated into the game on the forums, but browsing through all of the threads is a bugger. What I propose is really simple and is quite often done in other games (esp. MMOs) but it also touches another 'issue' which I'd like to discuss(/clarify much?) here.

If you haven't read the thread title then I'd like to see a simple change log with the upcoming changes. Now I know (because I lurk so much x] ) that you (devs) never know what's up next or when is it going to be up, but (I hope) you know if there'll be any updates this/next week. Since I had an argument with somebody who wasn't happy about the way you are involved with the community I kept on thinking about why did he think that way.

So up there is a poll, underneath it a message/request to the devs and here' a discussion topic.

Application-1

test bester
More info about the game then IA did at some point is always better and even without that they really are giving us a good update with progress. If this is not how you think/feel about come on IRC and let yourself be heard. And what other progress do you want to hear then the stuff you are already getting? You wont miss out on something big believe they make sure you don't do. They post in forums about the status they got a blog and when you start a game up you get the list of news/updates. So be happy otherwise like I already said go on IRC and check channel legions.info also when someone enters and you ask something dont leave after 1 minute thinking we are not there.

Propkid

More info about the game then IA did at some point is always better and even without that they really are giving us a good update with progress. If this is not how you think/feel about come on IRC and let yourself be heard. And what other progress do you want to hear then the stuff you are already getting? You wont miss out on something big believe they make sure you don't do. They post in forums about the status they got a blog and when you start a game up you get the list of news/updates. So be happy otherwise like I already said go on IRC and check channel legions.info also when someone enters and you ask something dont leave after 1 minute thinking we are not there.
Only thanks to LUCK i knew about the splash damage getting a change before it actually happened. If you are talking to me specifically then I'm happy with the way they are doing things, I just want a change log so I need to lurk (this funny verb also includes being on IRC) less and play CoD Zombies or Quake or w/e more.

Mabeline

God-Tier
Giving detailed information on moving targets is a pain. We try to tell the community about things when they're ready enough to play with and get people testing as soon as possible. While transparency is a nice thing in theory trying to constantly keep the public updated is extremely difficult. We've chosen to share things as soon as they're more solidified and have passed the "is it fun to play with?" question.

We've already made at least 2x the updates the game had ever gotten on IA and are on the way towards actually making a well rounded game. There may be a few areas in which we could improve communication (like patch notes), but there's no reason to be distressed because we're "exactly like IA" in not sharing any details.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
We've already talked about a change log; it's definitely something I'd like to actually do. It's just a matter of building up the discipline to do it; we ain't professionals here. =)

Nonetheless, I'll make a point of chasing folks for details, and I'll see if we can't get a changelog thread going in the Announcements forum. Good deal?

Propkid

We've already talked about a change log; it's definitely something I'd like to actually do. It's just a matter of building up the discipline to do it; we ain't professionals here. =)

Nonetheless, I'll make a point of chasing folks for details, and I'll see if we can't get a changelog thread going in the Announcements forum. Good deal?
Sounds good.
(Something tells me that Mabel doesn't want a change log, because once someone finds a piece of terribad code in Legions written by Mabel they'll blame him thanks to the change log >;D)

Nvidia

Missing the "like" button, but: deal.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
By the way: Here is a perfect example for what usually happens when the devs talk about what might change in the future. Completely unfounded and unnecessary speculation, which leads to equally useless discussions.

Propkid

By the way: Here is a perfect example for what usually happens when the devs talk about what might change in the future. Completely unfounded and unnecessary speculation, which leads to equally useless discussions.
Wouldn't really call them useless. People get their questions answered. And it kinda makes people (me) more curious about what's coming next which results in more lurking (or if we are pesimists it results in useless threads)

I'm just trying to understand the ideas that are already out there and sharing my own opinion on inv stations in what appeared to be an appropriate place, it is the suggestion forum after all.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
My comment was specifically aimed at Nvidia's post:
Hate that idea of the inventory stations. The way we have now is much easyer, isn't it?
not the posts that followed (which by the way didn't even exist yet when I posted). Unfounded speculation and resentment, without any prior testing.

sugardemon

Patch notes are always good. That being said, we've already been given more information on the dev work being done, and in a shorter time frame than any other project I've seen. Hardly something to complain about.

We've already made at least 2x the updates the game had ever gotten on IA...
I see what you did there.
Anyways, I don't really care much for change logs, as all it's gonna do is keep me awake at night while mulling over the soon-to-be new content in my head. But it sounds like a good idea.