Base Assets

Draconator

I would like to see in legions some big bases with assets like in the Tribes series... this will add more team play aspect by destroying and repairing and all these stuff... and... idk...

-Turrets: defense of course...
-Sensors: increased range
-Inventory stations: instead of respawning all the time with a new class and waiting, you'll quickly choose out the armor.
Vehicle depos: Optional. While you got big and enormous maps, and you tired of long skiing to the other base, you would use vehicles. Not only for transportation, but also for base assaults.

Siantlark

No they didn't they're just saying that many threads have been made about the alternative's, pros and cons to Base assets would be.

It's on the devs to do list most likely.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Ammo stations currently exist in the game, and have been tested to operate as "inventory stations" (i.e., you spawn in a default loadout and only get your selected loadout on contact with a station) in a couple PUGs. No word on exactly if or when it'll be implemented -- balance is always something the devs are concerned with -- but it's definitely on the radar.

Everything else is a LOT more up in the air, but ideas are always being entertained! =)

Mhi200

[...] you spawn in a default loadout and only get your selected loadout on contact with a station[...]
Shouldn't you get to choose what loadout you start as, and then be able to change later on?(As is standard) Because LO would kill you before you got the chance to switch, a decent amount of the time?

Edit: Wait, do you mean you only get to choose one loadout, and change to it as you reload?

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Sorry, I should have been clearer.

The idea would be, no matter what you have 'selected' as your chosen loadout, whenever you spawn, you spawn in a default loadout. In the PUGs where it was tested, I believe the default loadout was the Outrider Chaser. In order to switch away from this, you'd have to swing by a station and switch out, be it to a different Outrider loadout, or a Raider or Sent setup.

Yes, this would mean that tactics would have to change slightly at home, and you'd have to keep a lookout for enemy LO, but you'd have to do so anyways before leaving your base.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Easier, but not deeper. There's very little strategy or thought involved in changing your loadout right now; it's simply "I want to be a different class, so I'll select it and kill myself." There's a short respawn wait, and then you're back in action (though you can't control where you spawn, of course).

Changing up the inventory system does a lot of things, but most of all, it adds depth. All of a sudden you're more aware of the choices you're making when it comes to class selection; you can no longer simply jump out of the action, switch it up, and jump right back into it. Suiciding becomes a more meaningful choice, because it isn't just respawning; you have to think about rearming yourself too. Those standoffs where two Sents are tossing the flag back and forth between one-another, each respawning constantly and flying back just to grab the flag? Those are done for.

Plus, when you make inventory management meaningful, you also open up opportunities for other things, like new inventory items. And that, as well, adds depth. =)

Daphinicus

Private Tester
But could you change your chosen loadout at any time in the game and swing by a station to pick it up?

Of course! You can change your loadout any time by just dropping by a station.

And remember, this is still in testing. None of this is live yet, and we don't know when it will be. Patience! =)

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
i don't really like this idea.
i wouldn't only being able to change your class by using an inventory station, and spawning in that class until you change it, but having to get to an inventory station every time you respawn would irritate me quite a lot, i have played tribes a bit and i can say that this feature was the one that annoyed me the most.

but that's just me.