Capping speeds notification not matching actual speed

Once before like tonite I noticed the speed shown is sometimes much higher than the speed really being done, A number of times I tested it and once on niv It notified I had capped at 157 when my hud said I was atleast under 120 mps.

Like I said Ive only noticed it a few times when Ive been alone on a map capping but Ive checked it out a fair bit and 3 times in a row I saw capping reported speeds no where near what my hud says and how fast it feels I am going to me (which is how I noticed the difference in the first place.)

Anyone else seen this?

Oh by the way, I was on tonite after my connection had been shaped to 56K and my ping was the best Ive seen if for a while, It showed 80 and 50 ms a bit but it was a really steady 100 ms which was the main thing and made legions suprisingly playable, how is it my connection is working better than when it usually does at my usual bandwidth that it much larger?

I know that ping isnt about amount of bandwith exactly, but for it to be better, any ideas?

Gheist

King of all Goblins
The speed that's shown in your HUD (which is the one that's relevant for reaching minimum OD speed) doesn't fully incorporate your vertical speed. Don't ask me about specifics, but vertical speed "contributes" significally less to your displayed overall speed than horizontal speed (I hope that explanation makes any sense to you). This was introduced during the IA-days to make "Drop ODs" and similar shenanigans harder/impossible. Your actual speed is usually higher than what the HUD element shows, and that's most likely where your perceived difference comes from.

Propkid

This was introduced during the IA-days to make "Drop ODs" and similar shenanigans harder/impossible.
I kept on doing 'drop ODs' back in IA, then suddenly they became 10x harder to do and I was literally raging and crying about how n00b have I become back then... thanks lol. (I can still drop-OD cap :p)