Burst Fire Weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konflict

A weapon that shoots in bursts than in full auto. For example: every shot will take 10%-15% of health off the outrider. Also, it would have better accuracy than the chaingun or plasma at great distances and to prevent it from becoming OP, it should overheat as well.

Immanent

A weapon that shoots in bursts than in full auto. For example: every shot will take 10%-15% of health off the outrider. Also, it would have better accuracy than the chaingun or plasma at great distances.
Well you have to talk about the rate of fire... That makes a HUGE difference.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
About the same RoF as RL, perhaps 80% of it. I can't remember what the RoF's of things are off the top of my head...

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Honestly, when I hear burst fire, I think of the Elite Rifle from Star Wars Battlefront II. Sure, it wouldn't be that powerful, but RoF I think should be around there.

Immanent

I was thinking it would be like skybolt but with three shots:)

If I read correctly, that's insanely OP.
Skybolt ROF with 3 shots doing 10-15% each hit. So lets do the math:

3x10-15% = 30-45% each shot on outrider.
Skybolt only does 20% on outrider...
(and bare in mind that the skybolt fires around 2x the speed of RL) So there's no overheat or anything like that? That's going to be insane in the hands of any low ping chainwhore.

Konflict

3x10-15% = 30-45% each shot on outrider.
Skybolt only does 20% on outrider...
(and bare in mind that the skybolt fires around 2x the speed of RL) So there's no overheat or anything like that? That's going to be insane in the hands of any low ping chainwhore.

Oh yeah...ok, it should overheat as well.

Disci

Old man
Oh yeah...ok, it should overheat as well.

Update your first post with the new ideas. No one wants to read through the whole thread and find small bits of information in the middle of all the suggestions. If this thread ever gets bigger that is.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
This was tried and tested before and failed so horribly, I'd prefer to not waste the time again. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.