Boot screen

A2

A month back, I installed Ubuntu 11.04 along with my Windows 7. Just few days back I had my Windows 7 re-installed. And from now on, I don't see my boot menu when my laptop starts up.
I had ubuntu installed on a seperate partition (of about 100GB).
My ubuntu's still there, but I just can't get the boot screen to show up. Not good with this stuff ._.
Any halp? :(

A2

Ok so apparently, the system isn't detecting that I have Ubuntu. Weird. But I guess I have to re-install ubuntu as well.

3lionz

Legions Developer
Protip: It is always a BAD idea to have windows 7 installed afterwards.

Its fat and eats other operating systems faces. (Happened to me)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yeah, reinstall ubuntu. Makes sure your data is backed up. Microsoft hates other OS's and won't even recognize linux partitions/

graydoubt

Actually, from what you're describing, Ubuntu is still installed and Windows just overwrote the MBR with its own ignorant bootloader. If you can fix that, it's only a google search away.

Do NOT follow this blindly, understand where and which your partitions are, but something like this will do: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubuntu/reinstall-ubuntu-grub-bootloader-after-windows-wipes-it-out/

The nice thing about Linux is that even the most broken systems are transparent enough so they can be fixed. Windows tends to be rather opaque in that regard.

A2

Actually, from what you're describing, Ubuntu is still installed and Windows just overwrote the MBR with its own ignorant bootloader. If you can fix that, it's only a google search away.

Do NOT follow this blindly, understand where and which your partitions are, but something like this will do: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubuntu/reinstall-ubuntu-grub-bootloader-after-windows-wipes-it-out/

The nice thing about Linux is that even the most broken systems are transparent enough so they can be fixed. Windows tends to be rather opaque in that regard.
I'mma check. thanks <3