Block Members.

A2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a 'Block' button anywhere, to block a member from posting, messaging, spamming on or following your profile.
If we do not have one, it'd be better having one.

Dacil

the only thing i see is under "privacy" you can set it to only ppl you follow...but...that's kinda really restrictive, and it'd be nice to have a block option available for people

Dacil

Yar, such a feature would be handy. In the meantime, if someone's harassing you, let Seymour know.
yeah!! do that!! seymour will fill the person full of candies and all things sweet to the point they can't speak....fluffy bunny anyone!?

57thEnryu

yeah!! do that!! seymour will fill the person full of candies and all things sweet to the point they can't speak....fluffy bunny anyone!?
Mr. Seymour, I'm harassing, er, everyone on the forum. I need you to stuff me full of candies XD

Serket

Mr. Seymour, I'm harassing, er, everyone on the forum. I need you to stuff me full of candies XD

*Seymour sneaks through your window and puts on rubber gloves, for what happens next useyour imagination...*

On a more serous note, are people actually harrassing other in these forums? Thankfully I haven't been harrassed so far so I'd like to know if it's happening to other people.

stefygraff

Private Tester
"Block members" option could get very useful, but at the moment we have just about 500 members. It will get very efficient when the forum will get crowded

Vinzyboy23

Sounds likes people here are trying to turn this forum into Facebook

On Topic:
It can be also useful for spammers once the Forums gets very crowded.

A2

I've sent you a PM, Seymour.
It's just to avoid any spam, or unnecessary members screwing with you either via PM or your wall like thingy on your profile.

57thEnryu

*Seymour sneaks through your window and puts on rubber gloves, for what happens next useyour imagination...*
Whoa, that's not what I meant, I'd prefer he just gave me a bag of candy, than just sat there until I ate it all, while having a nice conversation.

Serket

Whoa, that's not what I meant, I'd prefer he just gave me a bag of candy, than just sat there until I ate it all, while having a nice conversation.

Haha, sorry if I went a little too far man, just a joke. But it might happen to people who are annoying in the forums or harrassing others.:p

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Yes, a blocking system would be good for dealing with irritating people. Also, so what if the forum would act a little more like facebook? Honestly, I don't care about that if I'd able to block people from saying harmful remarks or spamming on my profile. It isn't a problem (for me) yet, but who knows if that would change?

GReaper

Grumpy
Just to make my position clear - I don't have the time to do mods for additional forum features. Whilst I'm sure I could eventually come up with some system to do this, I'm not keen on modding the forum (I'd have to update any modifications for each new forum version). Also my time is best spent on actual Legions development.

If you believe the forum software is missing some feature which isn't part of XenForo itself, go request it on the XenForo forums.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
No, if it acted more like facebook it wouldn't be a forum, it would be facebook.
If this forum acted like facebook in one small way (ie: blocking certain members from harassing you on your wall or in PMs) I doubt that would make this forum facebook.

masterluso

As stupid as it might sound, it might not be a bad thing if this was facebook. There would be a lot more people to play legions with. Unless the devs don't want that yet...