Best way to get over someone? (srs)

Defender

The sooner you find a new sock to put your candy cane in, the happier you will be!;)
o-MILEY-CYRUS-570.jpg

o-MILEY-CYRUS-570.jpg

Stubbsy

Contributor
After a couple of months, apparently she's talking to lots of people and f*cking with there heads. That's always been a break up worry for me, seeing her with another lad.

57thRomance

After a couple of months, apparently she's talking to lots of people and f*cking with there heads. That's always been a break up worry for me, seeing her with another lad.
I'd think about why you two broke up and realize that there's most likely someone better out there for you than your ex and that, no offense, there's probably someone better for her than you.

I'm riding the same boat as you, but my ex hasn't spoken to me since we broke up in June. She left the U.S. to study abroad in Italy for a whole year and has cut off communication with me, so I have no idea what she thinks of me or if she ever wants to talk to me or be friends again. However, I knew at the time of the break up that we were going on different paths and that our relationship was not going to work given the circumstances, and by standing on those grounds and putting my time and energy into my academics and clubs I've been much more well off than I would've been, especially if we stayed together.

So definitely follow Rougey's advice by keeping yourself busy with fun and rewarding activities like exercise, reading, going out with friends, *cough*leegunz*cough*, etc. Eventually, someone else will come along, but be careful not to set too many standards for the next girl you will meet (i.e. don't expect her to be just like your ex). You may find a dame well worth your time and effort with qualities more suitable for you than you may think.

Stubbsy

Contributor
I'd think about why you two broke up and realize that there's most likely someone better out there for you than your ex and that, no offense, there's probably someone better for her than you.

I'm riding the same boat as you, but my ex hasn't spoken to me since we broke up in June. She left the U.S. to study abroad in Italy for a whole year and has cut off communication with me, so I have no idea what she thinks of me or if she ever wants to talk to me or be friends again. However, I knew at the time of the break up that we were going on different paths and that our relationship was not going to work given the circumstances, and by standing on those grounds and putting my time and energy into my academics and clubs I've been much more well off than I would've been, especially if we stayed together.

So definitely follow Rougey's advice by keeping yourself busy with fun and rewarding activities like exercise, reading, going out with friends, *cough*leegunz*cough*, etc. Eventually, someone else will come along, but be careful not to set too many standards for the next girl you will meet (i.e. don't expect her to be just like your ex). You may find a dame well worth your time and effort with qualities more suitable for you than you may think.
It all seems to make sense. Thanks for that Romance.

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
Pure Crap
You are a cuntknuckle mate - relationships are not cars, you don't total one then get a new one. Yes that's a common attitude, but it's juvenile and pathetically shallow attitude that is disrespectful to the lady if you're only using her to get over the last one while dipping your wick.

Unless of course she is using you for sex as well, in which case high five eachother for the rebound.

Yes, a lot of guys after a breakup wind up in poon city *dancing* everything they can get their dick into - been there done that - short terms it works, satisfies the itch and makes you feel desirable blah blah blah blah blah, but if you're not a *Dabbleh* sooner or later you're going to be extracting yourself from the embrace of somebody would won't date in a million years, then you're going to think about the last girl you had a relationship with that was more than just *dancing* and now you're back to feeling like *chocolate cookies* as you try to find your goddamn belt.

I'm not one to romanticise love (too much), but love is essentially an addiction to chemicals released in the brain whenever you're with or thinking about somebody, which makes breakup withdrawal.

And treating withdrawal with a similar drug is a terrible long term solution.

Sin

Private Tester
Might be late to the party, but change your routine. Maybe in a small way, or completely flip some stuff around.

Your head messes with you and sometimes thinks about certain things at a certain point in your day, doing things differently sometimes helps.

Synista

Occupy yourself man. You should just become the best version of yourself possible. When she see's how much you've bettered yourself she's gonna regret everything and come back to you (from my experience) and that's when you give her the cold shoulder because you can do better.

Just some apparent facts. It apparently takes 18 months to move on so you're 1/3 of the way there, just go out and meet more women, party or whatever you do. When you get a new girl she WILL be bitter.

Libra

You live, you love, and you learn, yes it was a bad experience but now you know exactly what you don't want in and from a relationship. Love is a two way street but in your situation it was a one way find the strength to talk to other people, hang out, go out, and try new things. I know you still have feelings for her and it may be hard, try to get rid of everything that reminds you of her, and move forward you can never truly live today if your heart is stuck in yesterday.

Last edited:

Propkid

Either become what people say is 'the best version of yourself' (really isn't) or what they say is 'the worst' (also really isn't). So either what Synista said above (not what I do when I feel *chocolate cookies*, I do that for my other half when I'm w/ her) or... explore the different perspectives and dimensions that the universe of psychoactive substances has to offer (I also do this when in a relationship, just less :D).

But it's dangerous to go alone! Take this. Trust me, these things can help you forget your own name for a moment and once you forget about being heartbroken for even a minute then it's all easy.

No, you will not develop an addiction to anything unless you're stupid and don't take what I gave you seriously. Also you'll get bonus points for enjoying yourself and building up a reputation.

Oh, and don't sell or limit yourself to pot, don't get hooked up on ketamine and don't be afraid to take an extra large hit of salvia once you get to it. Don't do drugs with the dealer and report back.

Besides that: meet new people, try new things. Make change a part of your life; all the lesser flames that you've had before the big one went out will not give a light that appeals, try lighting new candles.