Best Specs for playing Legions?

BestCharmie

I'm planning to get new specs for my computer. I don't know exactly which ones to choose.

I plan on a bigger RAM, probably going with 8GB or 16GB. I just have 2GB (._.)
I don't know about graphics cards, I use an Intel G41 Chipset.

What else do I need to upgrade? Help!

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Graphics Card: Intel G41 Express Chipset

I usually play at 15-30 FPS at a fullscreen 1024x768 resolution.

I can buy something below 10,000 PHP/230 USD

D

Doom Of Neroflame

do you have a 64bit operating system oon your pc? otherwise only 3.25GB of ram will get used

St3lth

Backend Contributor
Imo, one of the best cards out there is the 450 GTS, or you might want to buy the 550 GTX Ti, but personally a 450 should suffice.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

I use Windows 7 32Bit. I updated my first post.

The 450 GTS looks nice, I think I can get it.
32bit OP system will only use 3.25 the loading up will be fast the rest wont. i had to upgrade to 64bit cos i want 8GB ...4gb sticks cost LOADS

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
The biggest thing you can do to improve your Legions experience with the specs you posted in the OP is to upgrade your graphics card. Seymour personally uses the Radeon 6870, but with that said, almost any modern GPU will give you a better experience than your current Intel chipset.

BestCharmie

The biggest thing you can do to improve your Legions experience with the specs you posted in the OP is to upgrade your graphics card. Seymour personally uses the Radeon 6870, but with that said, almost any modern GPU will give you a better experience than your current Intel chipset.
So this gpu is lame? Screw you Lenovo.

I checked the Radeon 6870, it's about 10,080PHP. Looks great though. :0

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Well, it's possibly lame. I think the Intel G41's used a couple of integrated GPUs, but either way an upgrade is in order!

I'm assuming that your computer is a desktop as well, show me the model number of it so I can bring up its full specs (PSU wattage being important). Seymour will find you a nice, compatible GPU!

BestCharmie

Well, it's possibly lame. I think the Intel G41's used a couple of integrated GPUs, but either way an upgrade is in order!

I'm assuming that your computer is a desktop as well, show me the model number of it so I can bring up its full specs (PSU wattage being important). Seymour will find you a nice, compatible GPU!
Whats a model number? ._. How do I find it? ._.

I use a ThinkCentre 270z, is that it? ._.

Found it! BHA

I'm in the IRC btw.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
as seymour said, GPU upgrades are usually best.

but occasionally some more processing power is needed.
how fast is your intel core two duo?
you could also get more RAM, windows 7 is a bit more of a memory hog than xp and i think 2GB is the minimum anyways.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, just a followup to this thread, Charmie and I spoke on IRC. Found out his PC is a desktop, but an all-in-one design, so a GPU upgrade might not be possible. Going to check out some mod forums in a bit to see if anyone has been able to upgrade the graphics on these units. Anyhow, need to finish up some housework, but here's a link to the machine if anyone else wants to do some researching.

http://www.techhypermart.com/lenovo-a70z-0401bha-19-thinkcentre-a-series-all-in-one-desktop.html

BestCharmie

Yar, just a followup to this thread, Charmie and I spoke on IRC. Found out his PC is a desktop, but an all-in-one design, so a GPU upgrade might not be possible. Going to check out some mod forums in a bit to see if anyone has been able to upgrade the graphics on these units. Anyhow, need to finish up some housework, but here's a link to the machine if anyone else wants to do some researching.

http://www.techhypermart.com/lenovo-a70z-0401bha-19-thinkcentre-a-series-all-in-one-desktop.html

Thanks! :D

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
^processor looks fine for playing legions, if not most games bar the top ones, so shouldn't need upgrading.

a quick google implies you can upgrade the amount of RAM (which is dirt cheap to get hold of) but probably won't be super easy to do due to the nature of it being all-in-one.

same thing applies to graphics cards, you might not even have enough room to put a graphics card in, and i highly doubt you will get something really powerful as it will a) not fit and b) melt.

also found this site.... http://supportforlenovo.iyogi.com/a70z/a70z-all-in-one-pcs-graphics-card.html

BestCharmie

^processor looks fine for playing legions, if not most games bar the top ones, so shouldn't need upgrading.

a quick google implies you can upgrade the amount of RAM (which is dirt cheap to get hold of) but probably won't be super easy to do due to the nature of it being all-in-one.

same thing applies to graphics cards, you might not even have enough room to put a graphics card in, and i highly doubt you will get something really powerful as it will a) not fit and b) melt.

also found this site.... http://supportforlenovo.iyogi.com/a70z/a70z-all-in-one-pcs-graphics-card.html

Damn this computer >:C

D

Doom Of Neroflame

as seymour said, GPU upgrades are usually best.

but occasionally some more processing power is needed.
how fast is your intel core two duo?
you could also get more RAM, windows 7 is a bit more of a memory hog than xp and i think 2GB is the minimum anyways.
except he has 32bit OS so only 3.25 will work

D

Doom Of Neroflame

1Gb is worth it if not enough RAM is slowing you down,
1 GB is cheap as :p im upgrading to an extra 8GB its only 37 pound :O was 100 odd before...
but still only pointing out that, that is all that will work incase he did buy 8gb and then wondered why it didnt work...you'd be suprised