Behind the scenes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fixious, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

Thought I'd share a few images of behind the scenes Legions stuff from years ago (mostly 2011) some may not have seen. A few were released publicly, many were not.

http://imgur.com/a/u7XH8

Enjoy.

Teddy945, Xzanth, tree and 6 others like this.
  2. yami

yami Private Tester

3. SeymourGore

SeymourGore Flatulent Cherub

You should sleuth us up some Fallen Empire: Legions era content. Focus on the rumored 'power claw' melee weapon. Get!

Nyjaa likes this.
  4. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

That was before my time, unfortunately. But reading the old SCRUM threads shows the potential Legions had back then.

5. Armageddon

Armageddon Teapot

I wonder whatever happened to the map "SunDance" they had made as an homage to RainDance, I swear DynamicDerek said it was nearly finished right before IA *chocolate cookies* the bed.

Thx for the goodies fixy.

6. Accelerate

Accelerate Private Tester

7. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

I remember seeing a teaser image for that. But that's all...

8. yami

yami Private Tester

Fixi has it, maybe if we ask him super nicely he will put it in game so everyone can play it

9. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

I can't put anything in the game. I've pushed updates to the repo ages ago but no one has put them live. No real point anymore tbh. Getting Quarry working in 1.4 is a pain, too. I've tried with some success tho.

10. k e v i n

k e v i n Private Tester

wow amazing, never knew about those stuff. legions has so much potential. wish all of it came true.

11. Xzanth

Xzanth Legions Developer

26/02/17 - Live Changes
    • there u go fixi

Fixious likes this.
  12. yami

yami Private Tester

[​IMG]

k e v i n and Ucantry2run like this.
  13. yami

yami Private Tester

upload_2017-2-27_3-49-49.png
    um hi legions isnt dead

14. Jordahan

Jordahan World Leader of The 21st Century

SunDance was a really fun map that was legit almost done. I believe it just fell by the wayside to make way for InstantJam.

I wish I had managed to salvage some of this stuff from my old family PC before it got toasted. I had a ton of files from IA-era FELT. Quarry is still a flaming piece of *chocolate cookies*, you're not missing anything by not playing it.

15. Armageddon

Armageddon Teapot

What was in the um.. patch/update?
    Also whats the trouble with adding Quarry to 1.4?

16. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

The update added some old stuff I pushed ages ago. It includes a very old version of Core, the original Forgotten with the llama highway, and an updated version of Fallout with jumpads (was requested when PUGs were a thing). It also automatically records demos, instead of manually having to select Yes.

The issue with Quarry is that a number of lighting files were removed when they made the move to Legions: Overdrive for some reason. I mean, I could technically get it working by re-adding those files, but I don't really see the point. If there was some resurgence and by some weird reason people were rioting for Quarry I might look into it.