Automatic run and shoot

Dino

I was in shaz 2 and everybody was complaining like theres so much lagg after the GLS update and stuff and I for one expirienced it

This is what happened when i started to play leejunz:
Auto shooting with out me pressing my mouse
Auto walk when I had my fingers no way near the W,A,S,D controls
SO MUCH LAGG!

and it kept bugging me so I raged quit (nearly everybody did)

A2

I don't really know anything about the auto-move or auto-shoot, but I experienced constant freezes at every 20-30 seconds. To confirm, I checked with a few guys in the same server, and found out it wasn't just me. This was Shazbot 2 btw.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
this bug occured even before AI shutdown. In fact ive seen it in just about every FPS game. Basically what happens is hitting escape to quickly or some other windows button that takes you away from the game but the function that you last used such as forward, left, jump, or shooting was pressed down. The game sees the state still down because more then likely you didn't leave it at the default state.

Considering you get so much lag probably has either the same effect or has greater chance of receiving this bug. GLS only causes short lag when released or overly used in small proximity.

Vinzyboy23

This happened to me before and I created a thread about this and was answered by Daph. He said there no known causes nor fix in this auto shot or auto walk bug.

Mahidhar

The Auto-shoot happens to me, and I use a laptop. It happens whenever my hand touches my laptop's touch pad, while using a mouse. You can solve this my pressing the left-click buttons on both the mouse, and the touch pad at the same time, and holding them for a few seconds.

MJ1284

this bug occured even before AI shutdown. In fact ive seen it in just about every FPS game. Basically what happens is hitting escape to quickly or some other windows button that takes you away from the game but the function that you last used such as forward, left, jump, or shooting was pressed down. The game sees the state still down because more then likely you didn't leave it at the default state.

Considering you get so much lag probably has either the same effect or has greater chance of receiving this bug. GLS only causes short lag when released or overly used in small proximity.

I'd think it has something to do with game having keypress registered right before jumping to Windows but not registering keypress release, hench game thinks you're holding down a button even though you are not. In most game I've managed to make it go away simply by tapping different directional & action buttons to make game register new keypresses and eventually it'll start reacting to keypresses correctly.

The Auto-shoot happens to me, and I use a laptop. It happens whenever my hand touches my laptop's touch pad, while using a mouse. You can solve this my pressing the left-click buttons on both the mouse, and the touch pad at the same time, and holding them for a few seconds.

Why don't you simply disable touch pad from Control Panel? If you've got a mouse the touch pad is virtually useless anyway.

Mahidhar

Why don't you simply disable touch pad from Control Panel? If you've got a mouse the touch pad is virtually useless anyway.

It rarely happens to me, as I got enough space to rest my palm on. I was simply explaining how he could stop the auto-shoot, if he's using a laptop.