Auto fire

Stubbsy

Contributor
I had to quite the game is was that bad. I can't even play without my rocket launcher firing automatically. I'm having to keep typing 'fire();' in the console, but it does it again a minute later. Will this be fixed soon?

Last edited:

Jello

Contributor
You can do that but whats mostly the problem is when you die with the laser rifle fully charged it starts it up and auto fires, just gotta pay attention on whether your LR is fully charged or not and just switch from one weapon to the next, it cancels the charge, its happened to me sometimes too...but im guessing thats a bug being looked into?

nil

Private Tester
Does this only happen with the 2 click fire mechanic? I have not experienced it, but I use the charge up fire mechanic.

Fixious

Test Lead
I've tested the hold to charge method and haven't run into any issues. With C2F selected, dying while it's charged does indeed cause an autofire bug if you switch to another weapon after respawning (the LR doesn't autofire upon respawn). However even if you fire the LR before dying you will likely run into the same autofire bug. After doing some more testing I may have figured out what's causing them.

If you charge up and fire the LR and click to respawn, you will very likely have the autofire bug at respawn. However if you instead press Space (or something other than LMB) to respawn, the autofire bug doesn't happen at all.

If you charge up and LR and die (not firing it) and click to respawn, you will very likely have the autofire bug if you switch to another weapon. However if you instead press Space (or something other than LMB) to respawn, the autofire bug will affect the LR at respawn, as well as your other weapon. In other words, you don't have to switch to another weapon to get the autofire bug. Your LR will start firing immediately.

So I'm pretty sure spamming LMB (or whatever your firing button is) to respawn is the real culprit here.

nil

Private Tester
That makes sense. I spam space on respawn, so even if I did use the other method it wouldn't likely occur.

Stubbsy

Contributor
I've tested the hold to charge method and haven't run into any issues. With C2F selected, dying while it's charged does indeed cause an autofire bug if you switch to another weapon after respawning (the LR doesn't autofire upon respawn). However even if you fire the LR before dying you will likely run into the same autofire bug. After doing some more testing I may have figured out what's causing them.

If you charge up and fire the LR and click to respawn, you will very likely have the autofire bug at respawn. However if you instead press Space (or something other than LMB) to respawn, the autofire bug doesn't happen at all.

If you charge up and LR and die (not firing it) and click to respawn, you will very likely have the autofire bug if you switch to another weapon. However if you instead press Space (or something other than LMB) to respawn, the autofire bug will affect the LR at respawn, as well as your other weapon. In other words, you don't have to switch to another weapon to get the autofire bug. Your LR will start firing immediately.

So I'm pretty sure spamming LMB (or whatever your firing button is) to respawn is the real culprit here.
Ahh, thanks buddy! And thanks to everyone else.