Download AsteroidBelt

Defender

Small areal space map area, ski ramp in the middle and platforms between the hoving space bases, give players different routes across the map area.
Cool looking space skybox with firestorm balls streaking past, with rumbling loop sound, give the map a nice space felling.
-Enjoy

Download>>>> Now included in the LegionsMapPack-by-Defender-v02
New screenshots coming for all 50 maps included in the pack.
http://tribalcombat.com/Maps/Mappack/

Defender

Yea, try it out, the screenshots don't do it justice..
Floating platforms, ramps, bases, have been in games like quake, unreal tournament, tribes1, tribes2, for many years. Simple idea, can be fun maps to play on.
I some times prefer to make maps with no ussable terrain, editing terrains can be a bitch and a lot of work.

Attention mappers!
I also included two more skyboxs that where not used in this map, but look to be made by the same guy.. The included planets.dml, nebulae.dml, are also vary nice looking.

Defender

Just posted version 02..
Added Tribes2, PingPong code, By - EvilCheese, with some updates by me!
Allows dynamic movement of objects such as buildings.
I now have a few asteroids that slowly move accross the sky over my bases, kinda looks cool.
Only change from 01 to 02 was the pingpong code, and moving asteroids.
Version 01, will run the best, the pingpong code in v02, will use some cpu resources, but I doubt it will be noticeable

Your time & efforts are well appreciated. I don't understand why some (or all) of your maps aren't moved into normal gameplay rotation. Thanks again for adding some "flavor" to the game-

Defender

They won't add this as is to the regular game because I used custom textures, that have copyrights.
If people like this I can make a version that uses no custom textures.
But i won't look as nice or have the space theme, or nice skybox..

Didn't you have a server just recently? You could run your maps on your own hosted games (If it's legal as far as copyright is concerned).

Defender

The copyrights gives us permission to use, its just the Devs will only allow custom contient made only by them on the offical game servers or added to the game.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
The copyrights gives us permission to use, its just the Devs will only allow custom contient made only by them on the offical game servers or added to the game.
If you make them yourself it's legal.
We cannot, through our agreement with IAC put any copywritten material into the patcher.