Armor materials?

MJ1284

Here's one thing I haven't spotted in Suggestions:
We have different loadouts for weapons, why not give different armor loadouts as well?

For example:

Reflective armor: This armor is made of material that reflects light, thus providing extra 50 % protection against Laser Rifle and other energy based weapons (Plasma Rifle maybe)? On a downside it's not as durable as other materials, hench it'll have -50% protection against splash/concussive damage.

Glided armor: This armor is shaped to deflect incoming bullets & small projectiles harmlessly away, thus giving extra 50% protection. Sadly it's not as protective against blunt force, hench reducing your defense against splash/concussive damage by 50%.

Blunt trauma armor: This armor is made of dark colored material and is hard as rock, providing extra 50% against splash/concussive damage. Bad thing is dark draws light towards it giving it -50% against Laser Rifle and other energy based weapons.

Default armor: Same as the current one ingame, not very protective against anything but doesn't have any weaknesses either.

Why do I think it's good idea? It gives little more variety to offense & defense tactics as both teams would have to adapt to each others tactics and loadouts, ie. if capper is wearing Reflective armor you're better off using Rocket & Grenade launcher than LR (and vice versa if capper/LO has Blunt trauma armor).

Synista

I like the idea but it sounds a bit RPG, which I don't think most of the community will like, and the percentage increase is stupid ;) should me around 5%-20%

Also, there should be an option to adjust how much armoring it gives us.
P.S.
I think you should merge Glided and Reflective.

Blunt Drama/Concussion blocks BOTH GL and RL.
So to even it out with other armors, just combine the other 2.

MJ1284

Having protection against two type of damage sounds OPed to me, just think of it:
Glided & Reflective in one armor = totally screwed Outrider with LR & Chaingun loadout.
You gotta give them some sort of fighting chance no matter how much you scoff certain loadouts, being resistant to two types of damage is simply too restrictive in terms of gameplay. Glided & Reflective would be real bitch to chase, whereas having both GL and RL damage reduces discourages people from MA'ing (my inner MA *fine lady* takes over).

Also as Vybez mentioned percentages should be locked to somewhat sensible readings, maybe 20-25%? Letting players to decide would only lead to massive imbalance in terms of "cheapness" (ie. Senti capping on small maps, nade llamaing to name a few), my point was that you'd get slightly better chances against certain types of weapons in exchange of having reduced protection against other weapons to balance it out. For example:
You know you're going up against a person who is worst kind of chain *fine lady* there is (are there any good kind? Don't know) but you know his/hers Rockets & Grenades aren't that indimitating so you'll roll with Glided armor. While he/she can still chew you up with CG you'll be little more durable against the bulletstorm and you have little less to worry about.

In short, minor benefits for minor disadvantages, that was my idea.

Royalty

The Aussie
Having protection against two type of damage sounds OPed to me, just think of it:
Glided & Reflective in one armor = totally screwed Outrider with LR & Chaingun loadout.
You gotta give them some sort of fighting chance no matter how much you scoff certain loadouts, being resistant to two types of damage is simply too restrictive in terms of gameplay. Glided & Reflective would be real bitch to chase, whereas having both GL and RL damage reduces discourages people from MA'ing (my inner MA *fine lady* takes over).

Also as Vybez mentioned percentages should be locked to somewhat sensible readings, maybe 20-25%? Letting players to decide would only lead to massive imbalance in terms of "cheapness" (ie. Senti capping on small maps, nade llamaing to name a few), my point was that you'd get slightly better chances against certain types of weapons in exchange of having reduced protection against other weapons to balance it out. For example:
You know you're going up against a person who is worst kind of chain *fine lady* there is (are there any good kind? Don't know) but you know his/hers Rockets & Grenades aren't that indimitating so you'll roll with Glided armor. While he/she can still chew you up with CG you'll be little more durable against the bulletstorm and you have little less to worry about.

In short, minor benefits for minor disadvantages, that was my idea.
For Raiders this would be good but for Outrider players (me) this would mean getting killed twice as quickly....