any progress on hosting of own server?

Legions is all but completely dead in Australia even with all the new stuff going on because of the prohibitive ping to the asia servers.

We need a server on this continent otherwise its all over for legions here!

Any hope on the horizon with the licensing for players to host?

As a ded here is prob never going to happen....

GReaper

Grumpy
Not a suggestion, moved to the general forum.

Could you only post suggestions to the suggestions forum?

BugsPray

Legions Developer
The guy who thought he would be able to hook up an Aus ded fell through. It wasn't on our side - they never responded to our reply. Regarding player-hosted dedicated servers, no timeline yet.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
What part of "no timeline yet" is unclear to you? Please, don't start spreading rumours.

Devs did say somewhere on the forums that legions would be a very different game from 6 - 12 months, we're just starting to see that now.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
And noone is questioning that. That's very different from "[in] 6 months everything will be finished including client hosted server" though, isn't it? Also, quotes are the way to go, not some "but I've read/heard somewhere that...".

I believe they're putting most of their efforts in a voting system, along with admin controls.
glad to hear it and while Ive been looking forward to this for a long time its kind of useless to Aussies like myself as simply no one is playing legions on this continent anymore and wont until there is a ded here. At this rate tribes Ascend is looking like becoming my new adrenaline dealer before anything happens with Legions.
Not a suggestion, moved to the general forum.

Could you only post suggestions to the suggestions forum?
Sorry Greaper.
The guy who thought he would be able to hook up an Aus ded fell through. It wasn't on our side - they never responded to our reply. Regarding player-hosted dedicated servers, no timeline yet.
An all to common story to me unfortunately, when it comes down to less talk more action people become suspiciously un contactable all of a sudden. Sigh! Its such a downer to see all this new content but really not enjoy trying it out ultimately, especially in the last 2 months as my ping to SG has gone from a regular 100 to more like 150+ for some reason releated to the server quality in Singapore. I end up just doing something else after 10 or 15 minutes as its just no longer the game I remember at that ping :(

Royalty

The Aussie
glad to hear it and while Ive been looking forward to this for a long time its kind of useless to Aussies like myself as simply no one is playing legions on this continent anymore and wont until there is a ded here. At this rate tribes Ascend is looking like becoming my new adrenaline dealer before anything happens with Legions.

Sorry Greaper.

An all to common story to me unfortunately, when it comes down to less talk more action people become suspiciously un contactable all of a sudden. Sigh! Its such a downer to see all this new content but really not enjoy trying it out ultimately, especially in the last 2 months as my ping to SG has gone from a regular 100 to more like 150+ for some reason releated to the server quality in Singapore. I end up just doing something else after 10 or 15 minutes as its just no longer the game I remember at that ping :(
I'm sick of 190 ping. That's the best I can get... *cries

GReaper

Grumpy

We do eventually plan on releasing server support, unlike *Tribes: Ass-End* where Hi-Rez has confirmed that they won't be releasing it at all. So it looks like you'll have to petition Hi-Rez to ensure you get the servers you want.

Very anti climatic news.

How can Hi-Rez expect to sell a game that is purely online if they dont provide servers?

Ridiculous, especially next to Legions which is making things happen without trying to sell anything.

On that note, put me down for a fat donation and an on going one if a ded does happen here!

Until then stopping in from time to time to see the updates progress is all I can bare to do, unless its in the morning when my ping is playable (and no one is online) stupid over loaded Asian server : /