Any interest in a ladder site?

Ladder Site?

• Total voters
I think everyone would want a ladder. But are there enough (active) teams? Euro competition is a joke at the moment. I don't think the ladder would be that exited...

GReaper

Grumpy
It's up to you, the players and teams to decide which site/league/ladder is best for you. There shouldn't be a rush to go for whichever site launched it first.

Figure out which site offers the best features (do they automate everything? or does someone have to manually do something which could easily be coded on a website? etc). A site actually gets teams playing (it's all very well organising a bunch of matches, but it's pointless if the majority of matches are forfeited due to them accepting teams which can't play). A site that has a decent set of rules in place, rules which are easy to understand by all players and which cover all eventualities (instead of waiting for a fairly obvious issue which the admins never considered and having to make decisions up as they go along). A site which has respected admins (people who you can trust the run it, not just whoever is the most popular, people you can contact easily to talk about any problems).

Get it done right, don't just rush for the first solution. Gather support, get it organised, one man can't run the entire thing alone.

Propkid

Hi all... I'm new here but wanted to jump into the topic.

We've currently got Legions Overdrive setup for ladders at Global Warfighter League. We had put things on hold pending the game's update. We're ready to go with competition for the game. We welcome the entire Legions community for competition. Rules, format, and a couple admins to staff the game would be all we need to get things rolling for you. We offer everything from private forums for teams... to matchcoms for match coordination. We've been around since 2004 and got started on Tribes. Anyway... just throwing the idea out for ya... check us out:

http://www.globalwf.com

Anyone interested in staffing can PM me at our site or start a conversation for organization in our forums. Thanks for your time.

triphammer@globalwf.net
SNAKED! ;D
Uhm, I think this will be a good time to select the long desired player admin team (the privileged players, the ones which get to kick the naughty tkers and bunnies from pubs and the ones who get to have some control over the pug server). The same team would admin the ladder. Up to debs to decide on this one.

Also, let's keep the ladders out until the game is released. I have very bad experiences of beta-state games turning competitive too soon (lookup: Fury MMO). It'd be nice if you did some testing though, so that the ladders will be up and running flawlessly as soon as the game comes out.

Skepsis

Lols you got snaked muahahaha

US has 7 Teams and probably 4 of those teams does scrims. Which would be Zeta, Exodus, OwA, and Void.

dont like the global wf thing for legions, just sayin

If you go Competition<Archived<Tribes 2, you'll see this is where Bugs got his game on way back when! :cool: Check the MVP section.

As for the league vs. ladder thing, I would only personally support a 1v1 dueling ladder. Nothing else at this point in time (unless there was an upsurge of interest in it).

AgentAlpha

Just to let all of you know, I am the owner of GlobalWarfighter. We could easily setup a couple ladders, and maybe even a few sponsored tournaments. We might even have some empty servers we could use for match servers.

btw, stop trolling the forums and get back in the game!