And the new Batman is...

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, at first I was a little miffed by the choice - but then I thought about it more and I'm happy with the choice.

Affleck's a huge comic/batman fan to begin with, he's a big guy, and has an impressive chin. Sure, some would argue that DareDevil was a terrible movie, but I don't place the blame on Affleck for that. And really, the director's cut version of DD was alright.

Pure

Considering I didn't like the new superman movie I have low expectations of this one and now they're lower, we'll see might surprise me.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Meh, could be good. Ben Affleck walks the line between total *chocolate cookies* and a good actor better than anyone else.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Considering I didn't like the new superman movie I have low expectations of this one and now they're lower, we'll see might surprise me.
you only like naked anime girls :p come play leejunz

lets see what Ben dose with Bats... hope for the best

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
wow, what *chocolate cookies* is this? how can christian bale not be batman, mind is blown.

I'm pretty sure I thought the same way about Michael Keaton not returning as Batman for Batman Forever!

I remember a rumour that Jon Hamm (from Mad Men) was considered for the role as the new Batman. I think that would've been a great choice. He's 42 and looks like he's in his 40s, unlike Affleck who's kinda babyfaced (since this version of Batman is supposed to be already well established in his role as a vigilante and kinda grizzled).

Armageddon

Teapot
Should have been....
mallrats-silent-bob-batman.jpg

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Michael Keaton was a DIFFERENT Batman though. These actors never play the same character as far as I am concerned. So Ben Affleck could play his Batman and absolutely kill it. Only way to tell is to wait and see.