Download Alderann Catwalks

Defender

number 4 version of Alderann Catwalks..
Supported game types, CTF\tRabbit\tTDM\tHunters.
Meduim sized map, meduim visisbility, daytime.
Terrain good for skiing, or use the catwalks.
Center low gravity elevator can be used to get to the upper levels.

Download>>>> Now included in the LegionsMapPack-by-Defender-v02
New screenshots coming for all 50 maps included in the pack.
http://tribalcombat.com/Maps/Mappack/

Defender

Thanks, But I have been asked to not enter the contest in this round..
Let me know if this map lags much for you, I may need to replace the yellow glow towers with something else, I think they could be a problem.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Giving the editor rookies a chance : ) This map or whatever Defender picks will be added alongside the winner though.

Defender

Update!
I remade the terrain so players can now ski on it.
Added a new blue skybox, and set the vissable distance high..
Removed the yellow glow towers, and replaced them with something else..

-Thanks

The best map should win the contest period. That's what would be best for the game overall. When a Police Officer wants to become a Motorcycle Cop, They put 400 Officers to the test with only 1 position available. The best rider gets the job. That's how it's done to everywhere to promote the best progress. I've been messing around with the Editor Map myself, and if I managed to enter a Map, I certainly wouldn't expect to win, nor would I hide behind a rock if I lost, especially once I saw that I had lost to a Map of Defender's caliber. (And no I'm not kissing Defender's butt, I don't even know him). I'm just for whatever is best for the game. Think about it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that a map that functions better (skiing, hills, slopes, etc.), and possesses superior Graphics because the person that created it has had a sh**load of practice at it, would be more fun for everyone to play on it.

TylerMarket

Heisenberg.
in this round..

Meaning he can probably compete in future rounds.

Giving the editor rookies a chance : ) This map or whatever Defender picks will be added alongside the winner though.

You get a map of Defender's caliber whether he competes or not.

Since Defender has more practice than mostly everyone else, you can safely assume that they asked him to sit out this round to let other people figure out the editor.

Defender

This map was easy to make, you just got to be decent at moving objects around to build stuff..
To start trying to be an elite pro mapmaker, like ContingencyPl4n, you would need create your own new interiors and textures.
The best mappers in tribes2, I remember, made thier own interiors and textures.
I'm just recycling the same old interiors in Legions, to make these maps..
Back in tribes2, if you did not make any new interiors for your map, that would say your not a real mapper.. I have never made my own interiors, looks like a lot of work. I would like to team up with someone who can make interiors and texture them, and create some maps togather..

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Ive never made anything custom in this game, its all stuff that is already there.

I only made Reactor and OTtN (and changed forgotten and mirage) because people wanted more maps to play, I have played with the devs for years so they helped in getting the maps on live (as did testers).

I can only drag and drop, no custom things, makes me braeen hert.

You guys are both talented. Oh, by the way Tyler, thank you so much for straightening me out, but I can read English. Believe it or not, I fully understood the points you thought you were bringing my attention to beforehand. I really get a kick out of these forums. People think they get to know people, but like I tell my 11 year old daughter, that just may be a 60 year old man wearing make-up you're talking to instead of a girl your age. Personally, I'm not a teenie-bopper, nor am I a college student. I have worked all phases of Construction for more than 25 years, can and have built house additions solo & to code, I've been a member of 4 different Unions, I was #2 in my class of 90 for Engine Rebuilding back in the 80's, I've completely rewired several vehicles, do suspension & driveline work, I'm a master airbrush artist, a bodybuilder, & have 9 years of Muy Thai under my belt, as well as 3 years AC/ Refrigeration Tech & 2 years of Computer Tech School. I can also operate all major pieces of Heavy Equipment, and worked as a set builder for the Movie Studios for a few years, amongst other things. To further prove my point, the other week we were on Otin, and I seriously thought your family owned a small store. (Tyler Market). Sorry, just noticed I've strayed from the point of the thread. ...See Ya in-game, Tyler, and good luck with School. (Stick with it. With all of the above qualifications, I'm still having a Hell of a time finding work). -SuddenDeath.

TylerMarket

Heisenberg.
If you understood it then you should have stated your post more clearly.

P.S. I know you're not a 12 year old.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Its up to the map creators to adjust their work as they see fit from feedback received. Send me updated versions in a convo and ill get it included in the next update whenever. Same way contingency updates reactor and stuff.