Air Brakes

Armageddon

Teapot
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Please, have a look:
[media]

Thats a horrible representation of the mod for a few reasons.

1.The player shooting the demo is by the looks of it a vet in the mod.
2.It's a pub and probably full of first time players.
3.It's on a map that really isn't on rotation for UR/VX mods. Because of bad spawn points(for this type of mod) ,one main exit thats easy to spam and the flag is enclosed.
4.He's got happymod while the others or most of the others probably don't.

There will always be people that Hate UR/VX and there will always be the ones that love it, this will never change.

Find a Demo of a match between clans from that mod on a map like Mono-Rail/NoFog-NoRail or any variant of Mono-Rail and you'll see that it's a mod full of split second decisions, Cap routes and a lot of Air to air combat.

Disci

Old man
Thought happymod was required for renegades mod. Atleast TROC players all use it and not considered a cheat.

skypredator

Disci, your video has no audio to it. =P

Also, I didn't see anything resembling air brakes. There've been times where I've seen several players overshoot their flag when returning. Just a few of the uses for air brakes in Legions would be that one might use air brakes to avoid getting hit by an enemy heavy base camping, spamming mortars into the flag stand. Or perhaps one may use air brakes to avoid a possible MA, or throw off a chainer or snipers lead.

Armageddon

Teapot
Thought happymod was required for renegades mod. Atleast TROC players all use it and not considered a cheat.

When i played HM was a cheat and was frowned upon, TROC i have no idea what/who that is never looked into them or anything.

Fixious

Test Lead
Disci, your video has no audio to it. =P

Also, I didn't see anything resembling air brakes. There've been times where I've seen several players overshoot their flag when returning. Just a few of the uses for air brakes in Legions would be that one might use air brakes to avoid getting hit by an enemy heavy base camping, spamming mortars into the flag stand. Or perhaps one may use air brakes to avoid a possible MA, or throw off a chainer or snipers lead.

The Angel armor in Annhilation has a nice air brake feature, which I use quite often when dueling with other Angels (which is hellafun). You literally come to a dead-stop.

Armageddon

Teapot
Code:
function Beacon::onUse(%player,%item)
{
    Player::decItemCount(%player,%item);
    GameBase::setvelocity(%player, 0 0 0);
}

Thats the dead stopper, i hate that type of stop. Instead i want to have it take the players current speed and slow them by say 75-80% or something near that, anything except the brick wall.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
yes im with arm, I love ultra renegades... it was way intense, more so then legions. The ability to boost around and air brakes allowed very fast competetive play. I wish I had saved some of my tribes recordings of the matches i had when i was in [MTW]...

Fixious

Test Lead
A more gradual stop would be preferred I guess. But I wouldn't want too much distance. The Angel dead-stop can be very useful considering how fast you go at times.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
Thats the dead stopper, i hate that type of stop. Instead i want to have it take the players current speed and slow them by say 75-80% or something near that, anything except the brick wall.

something like that would make you a pancake in current physics.

Heres the deal, everything happens needs to work nicely not cheesy nothing against air brakes but was old skool and if we want to make this game mod reality it needs to serve better function. Here's what I come up with.. instead of air-brakes it will need to be an explosion like a gernade.. but no ordinary explosion. It would be a gravity-explosion. Which could also serve other purposes like landings and as a temporary shield.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
gravity explosion would be like jelly stuff that instead of blowing you to bits it would act like a cushion or air bags.. you know what those are seymour right? you should have a pair of those somewhere around the house:p

Disci

Old man
Didn't know I was playing Legions with complete Tribes noobs. *dancing* Ultra Renegades and Annihilition wankers.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
Didn't know I was playing Legions with complete Tribes noobs. *dancing* Ultra Renegades and Annihilition wankers.

sounds a little racial don't you think? Oh and ultra renegade does require skill, camping and shooting people doesn't classify it.. you would be considered a noob.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
gravity explosion would be like jelly stuff that instead of blowing you to bits it would act like a cushion or air bags.. you know what those are seymour right? you should have a pair of those somewhere around the house:p

Seymour sleeps on a hard, wooden floor.

I'm hoping the TribesRPG guys will make a LegionsRPG conversion mod.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
I'm hoping the TribesRPG guys will make a LegionsRPG conversion mod.

For longest time I had the idea of making futuristic medieval armors much like diamond sword original concepts and jet packs, with futuristic swords, spears, the works... the weapons are much like transformer/ stargate style where a spear is created out of shotgun size object. I did have few concepts and hopefully ill manage to get something before years end.