Aimbot's First Montage

Immanent

So finally... here it is.

Edited using Final Cut Pro X, all done in 1 week (including me figuring out the controls of FCPX)

Constructive criticism and feedback would be most appreciated.

Take note of following before your criticize, otherwise I'll probably disregard your comment/criticism:

1) The stupid watermark I know, but Fraps files are too large...
2) Not enough grenade launcher clips? Well, I play as cluster loadout, so most of my nades just bounce off.
3) Why not a lot of chaingun? I assume it'd be too boring for you guys to watch me chainout all the cappers/LO. Who knows, I should make a video of that.
4) Why are do so many clips look the same? Most of it were filmed on the same match.
5) Why are the clips such crap quality? Because I don't have the luxury of playing in a 8v8 or 6v6 pub
6) Why aren't you more picky about your clips? Not enough people play on a server on which I ping low on.
7) The song sucked and created a lot of static and buzzing. Well watch the video in 720p if you haven't already, and I don't like the song either.
8) What was the point in the video? Main emphasis on syncing, I don't think I did too bad.

Rets used: Pullutes grenade and rocket launcher, petrified twisted chaingun ret, modified by xtremespeed, Upside down grenade ret by trooper.

PS: whoever tells me my video is *chocolate cookies* and doesn't leave a reason can go...

phanakapan

Private Tester
Welp...

Why was the video completely full of extremely short MAs, shots that don't result in kills, dueling footage, and extremely standard flag grabs against shitty defense? Why waste everyone's time editing together footage that amounts to an average pub for most above average players? I suggest collecting clips for longer than a single afternoon next time so you actually have stuff worth showing off. There wasn't a single thing that made me say "wow" in this video.

just my constructive criticism as a fellow montage maker.

edit: also you said you didn't include chaingun kills, when there are a number of them included.

Immanent

Welp...

Why was the video completely full of extremely short MAs, shots that don't result in kills, dueling footage, and extremely standard flag grabs against shitty defense? Why waste everyone's time editing together footage that amounts to an average pub for most above average players? I suggest collecting clips for longer than a single afternoon next time so you actually have stuff worth showing off. There wasn't a single thing that made me say "wow" in this video.

just my constructive criticism as a fellow montage maker.

edit: also you said you didn't include chaingun kills, when there are a number of them included.

Well, I make do with what I have, time and resources. I filmed all my stuff in low ping server (SG Server, and which less people have been playing in now), I didn't think it was worth the wait, incase legions never saw an increase in player base. Do you think my montage so far is bad because it doesn't conform to everybody's norms about MAs have to be a killing blow to be somewhat satisfying?

I filmed all my stuff over a period of 3 months, picking up clips here and there. Like I said before, less people = less opportunities for me to film and get some actual footage.

I appreciate your constructive criticism so far, and I hope it stays that way.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
3 months? no comment

I liked the fact that you tried to sync each clip but the random audio fluctuations ruined it for me. It was ok

phanakapan

Private Tester
It isn't about conforming to expectations...short non kill MAs happen dozens of times a map for most above average players. Just by virtue of them being so common, they fail to impress. If they fail to impress, why spend time and effort on editing them into a video? If you wanted to make a video with footage that didn't conform to norms, use less popular weapons or include footage of rare occurances (skill based or not). Otherwise, you are basically just saying to everyone that it took you 3 months to gather together shots that many people would get in a day. Obviously I'm not saying you shouldn't try to make videos, but be more selective or it's a wasted effort.

Immanent

3 months? no comment

I don't have the luxury of play 8v8 pubs everyday and 10v10 pugs every 3/4 days or so. People in asian servers are just starting to lose interest, hence why it took me over 3 months to compile all those clips together. Given better circumstances....

It isn't about conforming to expectations...short non kill MAs happen dozens of times a map for most above average players. Just by virtue of them being so common, they fail to impress. If they fail to impress, why spend time and effort on editing them into a video? If you wanted to make a video with footage that didn't conform to norms, use less popular weapons or include footage of rare occurances (skill based or not).
Ohhhh. I understand now.

Otherwise, you are basically just saying to everyone that it took you 3 months to gather together shots that many people would get in a day. Obviously I'm not saying you shouldn't try to make videos, but be more selective or it's a wasted effort.

I don't have the luxury of play 8v8 pubs everyday and 10v10 pugs every 3/4 days or so. People in asian servers are just starting to lose interest, hence why it took me over 3 months to compile all those clips together. Given better circumstances....

Royalty

The Aussie
Song choice was good- but the song was really crappy quality. Next time DO NOT include clips from dueling and make your clips longer. Video quality was pretty crappy. Some nice shots though. Good first go. By the way were all of these clips taken whilst you were in the SG server?

Immanent

Song choice was good- but the song was really crappy quality. Next time DO NOT include clips from dueling and make your clips longer. Video quality was pretty crappy. Some nice shots though. Good first go. By the way were all of these clips taken whilst you were in the SG server?
Yes, and that's why I took me FOREVER to get any clips, because more than half the time, only 4 people were playing...
As a result... couldn't really be picky about my shots, as most of the time I chain my enemies.

The main target of this first montage was to get the syncing correct (were you watching the video in 720p? Otherwise it makes retarded buzzing + static sounds).

Royalty

The Aussie
Yes, and that's why I took me FOREVER to get any clips, because more than half the time, only 4 people were playing...
As a result... couldn't really be picky about my shots, as most of the time I chain my enemies.

The main target of this first montage was to get the syncing correct (were you watching the video in 720p? Otherwise it makes retarded buzzing + static sounds).
Yes I was watching in fullscreen 720p. I'm actually thinking about making a montage with all the clips in 230+ ping. Will be mostly flagplay, and some MA's. The Asian servers have been really crude to me recently. I'm pinging 300 in SG, and 160 in one JP servers and 250 in the other JP servers.

PS: whoever tells me my video is *chocolate cookies* and doesn't leave a reason can go...

Your video is *chocolate cookies*

1) The stupid watermark I know, but Fraps files are too large...
2) Not enough grenade launcher clips? Well, I play as cluster loadout, so most of my nades just bounce off.
3) Why not a lot of chaingun? I assume it'd be too boring for you guys to watch me chainout all the cappers/LO. Who knows, I should make a video of that.
4) Why are do so many clips look the same? Most of it were filmed on the same match.
5) Why are the clips such crap quality? Because I don't have the luxury of playing in a 8v8 or 6v6 pub
6) Why aren't you more picky about your clips? Not enough people play on a server on which I ping low on.
7) The song sucked and created a lot of static and buzzing. Well watch the video in 720p if you haven't already, and I don't like the song either.
8) What was the point in the video? Main emphasis on syncing, I don't think I did too bad.

Then what else is there to comment about? We can't say anything about the quality, the shots and the music. What else is there to say about a gameplay video?

Immanent

Then what else is there to comment about? We can't say anything about the quality, the shots and the music. What else is there to say about a gameplay video?
Did I title it gameplay video or montage?

lol never make a video again do something better with your time
sigh...

I don't know if you're trolling or what, but I was serious about the last note. I make a video, just to have you idiots say its *chocolate cookies* without giving any reasoning. Go trample your own video... oh wait. Thought so, you don't have one.

You me today US server, let's have some fun okay?

Edit:

Criticism unwanted now, because this community is full of idiots that do not know how to criticize, only to complain and bitch. Thank you very much and have a good day trolls. <3

devs prune at your will.