Advertising.

GrimReefer

Well, I notice the community isn't as large as it should be.
With more people, the game can be funner.
Fill out all those empty servers. Quicken the need for updating.
The only forum I'm apart of is hackforums. I started a thread in the gaming section about this site and the game. I'm gonna also put the link in my sig and a quick description.

I encourage anyone who would like advancements to advertise on any of your forums, invite your friends, whatever.
But, don't go spam-pming everyone. That will probably get you banned.
Just make a suggestion in the gaming section , if there is one.
Or put it in your sig.
Orr, if you're apart of HF, look under HF Gamers Zone > Computer and Online Gaming, and reply to my thread.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Because this game is still in Beta, we aren't doing advertising. There's an official, dev explanation that I can't be bothered to search for.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, currently we're underplaying the advertising aspect. The thought being that the game's still in a rough state, and when we do want to make noise about it we want as much polish as possible.

Personally, I'm quite impressed by the progress made on the game and the quality of the updates, and I like to think that proper advertising isn't too far away. Feel free to tell your friends or online buddies about the game, Seymour's finding the game a bit barren himself whenever he plays, so I have nothing at all against new blood. Just make sure to indicate the game is very much in a beta and unfinished state, hopefully most people will be able to look past Legions roughness and see the shiny gem that's underneath.

My personaly pipedream? Seeing the return of a Legions presence at LAN events, I've always kicked myself that I never got to attend one (damn that creepily lanky BugsPray for attending a bunch).

GrimReefer

Yar, currently we're underplaying the advertising aspect. The thought being that the game's still in a rough state, and when we do want to make noise about it we want as much polish as possible.

Personally, I'm quite impressed by the progress made on the game and the quality of the updates, and I like to think that proper advertising isn't too far away. Feel free to tell your friends or online buddies about the game, Seymour's finding the game a bit barren himself whenever he plays, so I have nothing at all against new blood. Just make sure to indicate the game is very much in a beta and unfinished state, hopefully most people will be able to look past Legions roughness and see the shiny gem that's underneath.

My personaly pipedream? Seeing the return of a Legions presence at LAN events, I've always kicked myself that I never got to attend one (damn that creepily lanky BugsPray for attending a bunch).

Ah. I've got a thread on hackforums about it. I edited and said the game is still in beta so don't make any judgments until the game is complete.

HVanquish

This sounds more like a call for people to tell their friends to play, not hardcore advertising. Great idea!

Immanent

Well this game will die if there aren't people going to play, because quite a number of current LOD members are quitting because there just aren't simply enough players. They have to wait for peak hours, and not play at the moment they desire. It can be quite frustrating at times, but I guess the devs have to chose.

Disci

Old man
Well this game will die if there aren't people going to play, because quite a number of current LOD members are quitting because there just aren't simply enough players. They have to wait for peak hours, and not play at the moment they desire. It can be quite frustrating at times, but I guess the devs have to chose.

People don't leave. They never leave. They may stop playing but they are still there. Don't worry little pal, we don't lose players.

Only way I'd get to go to one is if someone paid for my plane fares to the US. Either that, or I happen to be on holiday in the area at the same time, and someone is kind enough to lend me a computer.

GrimReefer

Well, I'll just post what I said in my thread here, and you can tell me if I'm conveying the wrong message.
"The game is called Legions Overdrive.
It's a really fun game that takes after Fallen Empire: Legions on the old website InstantAction.com. IA went out of business for whatever reason and since Legions was the main game played, private devs wanted to keep it running. There's plenty of unused servers and I see about 20-30 people playing altogether when I get on.

3 Game modes. CTF(capture the flag), TDM(team deathmatch), and DM(deathmatch). Two teams- Alpha and Beta.

You're humans in robotic suits. You can choose between different types of weapons. It's a quick download and I really doubt anyone on here wouldn't meet the requirements.

legionsoverdrive.com . Sign up on forums, make an account for the game, and download. Try it out and see if you like it.

edit : the game is nowhere near finished. It's still in beta, so I wouldn't make any judgments until it's made complete."

Skepsis

Why not advertise the game?, Instead of waiting until its Complete. The community wants to have fun and once Ascend arrives Legions just might be Dead. Lets have some fun!, and get Pug's going before its too late and everyone moves on to Ascend. It would feel as if it was just a waste of time doing nothing until Ascend comes out. What do you think?

Disci

Old man
Why not advertise the game?, Instead of waiting until its Complete. The community wants to have fun and once Ascend arrives Legions just might be Dead. Lets have some fun!, and get Pug's going before its too late and everyone moves on to Ascend. It would feel as if it was just a waste of time doing nothing until Ascend comes out. What do you think?

I wouldn't say it's gonna be dead once Ascend hits the stores. They are totaly different games and atm it seems that Ascend is not going to be something which for example Tribes players hoped for a new Tribes game to be. Things might change but lets not forget that Legions is developed by community members driven by love(?) for the game. This is not a game company which tries to get as much money as possible out of a game they developed.

Skepsis

I wouldn't say it's gonna be dead once Ascend hits the stores. They are totaly different games and atm it seems that Ascend is not going to be something which for example Tribes players hoped for a new Tribes game to be. Things might change but lets not forget that Legions is developed by community members driven by love(?) for the game. This is not a game company which tries to get as much money as possible out of a game they developed.

You know most of the community is talking about Ascend and how Anxious they are to play. I do agree about The game being driven with love, but the game probably wont survive if there's no competitive Players. I mean, Im very excited to have more new Players in Pubs and in Pugs. Why not get the show on the road?

GrimReefer

I agree with Disci. For now, the only advertising we need is some members telling their friends or putting it in sigs on forums.
I'm not worried about this game dying. It's the increase of activity that I'd like to see.

You know most of the community is talking about Ascend and how Anxious they are to play. I do agree about The game being driven with love, but the game probably wont survive if there's no competitive Players. I mean, Im very excited to have more new Players in Pubs and in Pugs. Why not get the show on the road?
The show isn't finished, so there is no need to present it.
As was said above, the only advertising that we need is minimal, and we should put "GAME IS IN BETA" in whatever we as members advertise.

Royalty

The Aussie
Well, I'll just post what I said in my thread here, and you can tell me if I'm conveying the wrong message.
"The game is called Legions Overdrive.
It's a really fun game that takes after Fallen Empire: Legions on the old website InstantAction.com. IA went out of business for whatever reason and since Legions was the main game played, private devs wanted to keep it running. There's plenty of unused servers and I see about 20-30 people playing altogether when I get on.

3 Game modes. CTF(capture the flag), TDM(team deathmatch), and DM(deathmatch). Two teams- Alpha and Beta.

You're humans in robotic suits. You can choose between different types of weapons. It's a quick download and I really doubt anyone on here wouldn't meet the requirements.

legionsoverdrive.com . Sign up on forums, make an account for the game, and download. Try it out and see if you like it.

edit : the game is nowhere near finished. It's still in beta, so I wouldn't make any judgments until it's made complete."
There isn't DM yet. There is TDM though. DM was good fun they should bring that back, as well as making rabbit permanent.

Allahrules2

People don't leave. They never leave. They may stop playing but they are still there. Don't worry little pal, we don't lose players.
I second this I haven't played for like 2 years now but once i heard it was coming back I started playing again. And good thing i did