Admins.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mots0311

Ok a recent event prompt me to say something. While playing on TX server the current admin kept changing maps in the middle of a game and also kept playing frostbite over and over when everyone was asking for new maps. I know some of you youngsters cant handle a small god complex to well and were getting a kick out of pissing people off. I just want to know who the current administrator of the server is when I ask. A lot of admins are good and I appreciate their efforts to make the game fun for all. I cussed out an admin who wouldnt identify themselves and he ended up muting me. Thats ok, but dont be a weasel and remain anonymous. Karnage mutes people for vulgar language but he identifies himself as admin and gives you a warning. Fair enough in my book.
All admins hosting a server at any given time should identify themselves as such. I'm not sure how much control of a game an admin has as far as changing physics of a certain class or speed of a game, but something isnt right on certain days. I've done all the things on my side to make the game run better but at times I cant hit anything and other times I'm tearing up the house playing an awesome game. I'm stopping short of making accusations because I dont know much about this kind of stuff but let me give an example.....
A month or two ago someone in the TX server made a 400 mps grab ( I cant remember who it was), everyone was surprised and a little skeptical. The guy that made the grab said he was working on a different class or outrider version. I'm assuming he was a developer?? If he can do that in a regular game what else is going on in games? You cant call it hacking if your in control of the games settings and physics in the first place. I have a small suspicion that the deck can be stacked in ones favor. There very well might be an integrity issue that is lacking and can very well jeopardize the game.
I hope my point comes accross clearly and I admit I dont have the right vocabulary to describe my point since I dont know much about gaming, programming, or admin control.

Fixious

Test Lead
This has happened quite a few times recently (or at least I've noticed it more now that I'm playing again). 20 man server, admin switches it to Stygian. Down to 10 man server (9 after I leave). Other times it'll get switched to TDM or Rabbit, which can also cut player counts in half. I believe I was also killed when first leaving on a route on Frostbite by an admin (said I committed suicide when I'm quite certain I never K'd out).

Not fun.:(

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Mots, people with high levels of admin on the servers can dynamically change whatever the heck they want for testing (or trolling). That is the likely cause of the 400m/s grab as IIRC, that's not ordinarily possible unless you have a great deal of vertical velocity which is rather unlikely given how the flagstands are on all maps (though I suppose it is possible to survive if you time OD or Warp correctly).

Mots0311

Volt, I think it was like 400m or close to it. Fast enough for a lot of players to be in disbelief. How much can a server admin change the dynamic of the game as far as say speeds an outrider can go, damage it can take, or accuracy of weapons??

Karnage

Private Tester
Mots, although everything you say may be true, I doubt that posting it here is really going to be productive. It might be better if you were to report to the developers themselves. I highly recommend that you report to Triad as he is pretty objective. It is also a good idea to screenshot things like that if you can. If you are not sure who you can trust then try to send the conversation to more than one developer.

Mots0311

Mots, although everything you say may be true, I doubt that posting it here is really going to be productive. It might be better if you were to report to the developers themselves. I highly recommend that you report to Triad as he is pretty objective. It is also a good idea to screenshot things like that if you can. If you are not sure who you can trust then try to send the conversation to more than one developer.

Yea your probably right Carnage. I'm concerned about the integrity of the game and keeping it intact, I think a lot of players privately think the same thing as I and if I am correct we all have a right to know. I was hoping this post would be more of a warning shot across the bow to those playing shenanigans.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I have admin on the US servers, while I haven't been on lately, I usually keep the map rotation to frost, elegiac and reactor. That map rotation is usually the best for keeping players in, but I have been known to switch it to rabbit occasionally for some variety - but rabbit having a better scoring system would be great - but overall that usually works out pretty well and goes down with most players as a treat.

Reactions: Sin

Vox

While playing on TX server the current admin kept changing maps in the middle of a game and also kept playing frostbite over and over when everyone was asking for new maps.

This is why more GOOD custom maps need to be thrown into the rotation.

What happened to Mots' example were the privileges game admins had, it was a thing that set velocity. If you want to try it, ask Jordan to try it on you, or anyone that has Admin privilege, most of them are nice, and would like to have fun killing you by making you go at 300+ across map and you either crater or suicide by reaching the edge of the map.

As for changing maps, I believe game moderators/admins have authority to choose whatever maps they like, if you want a different map, go make your own server.

But, for muting/kicking/punishing players, there should be some regulation the game staff members imo should follow. If the person who punishes us is smurfing, how can we refute or try to 'appeal' our punishment when we can't face our accuser?

There's been a problem like this lately, for example, there was this Euro player who was banned in the euro ctf server for "whining". The person who banned him would not reveal him/herself. There's multiple problems with this and what Mots statement has raised.

• Most or many of the US Admins do not have the power to unban Euro players. Something about not being able to access the Euro files, which delayed the decision to act quickly.
  • The person who punished the euro player or the players in Mots' statement did not give out a warning. I would not be surprised if they were the same person.
  • There were no procedure the admin took, if there ANY procedures at all.
  • There are no rules set in place, for the players to refer to, or abide by.
  • Admins who smurf, punishes players, and then refuse to identify themselves, have their own integrity in question.
So far, this game is "We can abuse power, whether you like it or not, either way you shut up."
With this in mind, I suggest if you are banned, muted, or punished in-game and felt this was wrong. Don't wait an hour or 2, get on IRC or TS3 and talk to an admin or dev there, it's most likely the person who punished you is in Ts3. So you can go, ask around.

My advice is if you get a mute, simply leave game, then come back in. You'll be able to talk again, if you want to seek who it was, ask in-game for them to contact you on Ts3 or etc.

Hopefully, this situation does not occur again, as said above, it impacts the integrity of the game.

Application-1

test bester
Alright I was just in a game on the hotswap server and the map was changed to elegiac in the middle of the game, the person was playing as Player and did not give his name out. I kinda feel that too many people are admin now. As far as I know there are only 2 EU admins (if there are more then that is the point that I am trying to make, I don't even know the full list of admins then anymore). Me and dobson77(whenever he remembers his password), 2 people are simply good enough to run a server like the EU ones imo. The US should not need more then 5 either.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
As far as I know there are only 2 EU admins (if there are more then that is the point that I am trying to make, I don't even know the full list of admins then anymore). Me and dobson77(whenever he remembers his password), 2 people are simply good enough to run a server like the EU ones imo.

LOL

Sin

Private Tester
Alright I was just in a game on the hotswap server and the map was changed to elegiac in the middle of the game, the person was playing as Player and did not give his name out. I kinda feel that too many people are admin now. As far as I know there are only 2 EU admins (if there are more then that is the point that I am trying to make, I don't even know the full list of admins then anymore). Me and dobson77(whenever he remembers his password), 2 people are simply good enough to run a server like the EU ones imo. The US should not need more then 5 either.
Changing the map in the middle of the game is so stupid. I don't understand that at all. Whenever I use admin, I either identify myself if disciplining, or call for a vote on the next map after a game ends.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
. As far as I know there are only 2 EU admins (if there are more then that is the point that I am trying to make, I don't even know the full list of admins then anymore). Me and dobson77(whenever he remembers his password), 2 people are simply good enough to run a server like the EU ones imo. The US should not need more then 5 either.
I have admin on EU as well.

But my admin list is almost completely accurate unless there has been some password sharing. No admin should change a map in the middle of a game unless its on a bad map and he just joined and everyone is asking for it. There is a bit of a problem with me or Triad going into a game to play as ourselves because it feels like we are targeted by everyone. Whether it be to ask a ton of questions and all that or to constantly try to duel and kill us no matter what is going on. So sometimes smurfing is a necessity but if you are in a game with an abusive admin, PLEASE feel free to send me a message on TS3 or IRC or the forums or whatever! You can also talk to people like Sin and Ucan and Freeman and Pete and St3lth and most of the vets in this community and let them know and they will surely tell me when I see them. If you can get a screenie of the players in the game that's more than helpful too.

And none of this *chocolate cookies* like "I got banned for no reason!" Honestly no admins are like that. If you got banned there was a reason, be careful of what you say to people. Some people aren't very open to being swore at and degraded. PMing me is so much easier than these vague threads.

And in regards to your claims of admin hax, we cannot effect the gravity and all that junk but we can do a lot of things like speed, size, etc, and sometimes we like to mess around a little (never in an actual good pub but if its like 9 people on Elegiac or something we might fool around a little.) and if you want to experience it and have fun too just hop on TS3 since there is a 90% chance we are on there just having a good time. I really can't stress how vital TS3 is if you want to contact someone.

TL;DR: PM me if you think you're dealing with an abusive admin.

Mots0311

I have admin on EU as well.

But my admin list is almost completely accurate unless there has been some password sharing. No admin should change a map in the middle of a game unless its on a bad map and he just joined and everyone is asking for it. There is a bit of a problem with me or Triad going into a game to play as ourselves because it feels like we are targeted by everyone. Whether it be to ask a ton of questions and all that or to constantly try to duel and kill us no matter what is going on. So sometimes smurfing is a necessity but if you are in a game with an abusive admin, PLEASE feel free to send me a message on TS3 or IRC or the forums or whatever! You can also talk to people like Sin and Ucan and Freeman and Pete and St3lth and most of the vets in this community and let them know and they will surely tell me when I see them. If you can get a screenie of the players in the game that's more than helpful too.

And none of this *chocolate cookies* like "I got banned for no reason!" Honestly no admins are like that. If you got banned there was a reason, be careful of what you say to people. Some people aren't very open to being swore at and degraded. PMing me is so much easier than these vague threads.

And in regards to your claims of admin hax, we cannot effect the gravity and all that junk but we can do a lot of things like speed, size, etc, and sometimes we like to mess around a little (never in an actual good pub but if its like 9 people on Elegiac or something we might fool around a little.) and if you want to experience it and have fun too just hop on TS3 since there is a 90% chance we are on there just having a good time. I really can't stress how vital TS3 is if you want to contact someone.

TL;DR: PM me if you think you're dealing with an abusive admin.

"But my admin list is almost completely accurate unless there has been some password sharing" ---Ding ding ding... I think this might be the problem.

"And in regards to your claims of admin hax, we cannot effect the gravity and all that junk but we can do a lot of things like speed, size, etc, and sometimes we like to mess around a little (never in an actual good pub but if its like 9 people on Elegiac or something we might fool around a little.) "----Ok this is what I was interested in, can someone modify one or two players on a server to go a little more faster or mod someone else to be a little more heavier making them slower without effecting everyone on the server??

The admin can make a player go across map, and etc. But, making someone bigger, can affect the server, don't know about "weight".

Arch

Legions Developer
There was also a gametype change not too long ago when it was changed from ctf to dm. Loc had to go in and change it back before anyone could rejoin.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
There was also a gametype change not too long ago when it was changed from ctf to dm. Loc had to go in and change it back before anyone could rejoin.
That might have just been a misclick though, it happens once in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.