A Question About Custom Loadouts

Royalty

The Aussie
Will outriders be able to have 3 weapons? Eg. RL, CG & LR???
And will we be able to switch around the order of weapons? Eg. LR & RL to RL & LR??? (Because whenever I'm using Hornet and I spawn, I find myself clicking furiously, shooting a laser as soon as I spawn, draining my jets, and causing me to wait for my jets to recharge before chasing down a capper)

Immanent

Will outriders be able to have 3 weapons? Eg. RL, CG & LR???
And will we be able to switch around the order of weapons? Eg. LR & RL to RL & LR??? (Because whenever I'm using Hornet and I spawn, I find myself clicking furiously, shooting a laser as soon as I spawn, draining my jets, and causing me to wait for my jets to recharge before chasing down a capper)

Having 3 weapons on the Outrider seems very overpowered. The only reason then to play Raider instead of Outrider would be the additional health at the price of jet efficiency.
You know you don't have to click to re-spawn right? You can press space, jump etc...

Royalty

The Aussie
You know you don't have to click to re-spawn right? You can press space, jump etc...
Oh rlly?

Having 3 weapons on the Outrider seems very overpowered. The only reason then to play Raider instead of Outrider would be the additional health at the price of jet efficiency
That's seems to make it fairer....... Then the only difference would be whether you wanted health or jet efficiency.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Yeah, I'm sure you'd be able to change the order of the weapons, though. I know a few of my clanmates that play Hornet wish that they started off with RL instead of LR because then they don't have to think about switching weapons before getting into a fight. Also, if you just want to think about it more "in the world" rather than just gameplay mechanics, two weapons would really be all an OR could fit, whereas a Raider has the extra bulk to hide a third weapon up a sleeve or something. Sents are just fat guys, so they don't actually have any more space for a fourth weapon, though.

DOS4/GW

Having 3 weapons on the Outrider seems very overpowered. The only reason then to play Raider instead of Outrider would be the additional health at the price of jet efficiency.

And the extra ammo. Actually, I don't see having 3 weapons as that much of a benefit for Raider. I mean, what combat situation really requires that you use more than 2 weapons?

In my opinion, Raider has fallen too much into disuse and really needs some love. I'd love to see it have a good specialty weapon. That is, a specialty weapon that can be as effective/useful as the LR or mortar.

Immanent

And the extra ammo. Actually, I don't see having 3 weapons as that much of a benefit for Raider. I mean, what combat situation really requires that you use more than 2 weapons?

In my opinion, Raider has fallen too much into disuse and really needs some love. I'd love to see it have a good specialty weapon. That is, a specialty weapon that can be as effective/useful as the LR or mortar.

I probably read incorrectly but...
Speciality weapon being a modified improved version of a weapon? Because the devs said no to that.
But if you mean like a new weapon that is as effective/useful as the LR / Mortar... then I'm in favor.

DOS4/GW

I probably read incorrectly but...
Speciality weapon being a modified improved version of a weapon? Because the devs said no to that.
But if you mean like a new weapon that is as effective/useful as the LR / Mortar... then I'm in favor.

A new weapon, yes. The cluster just ain't cutting it; a slow, ground-pound only weapon that hardly does any more damage than a well placed GL round...and that's if you get the timing right. There are much better ways to go about doing things.

Random idea, though: increase the cluster count, decrease damage, but it have a greater affect on the target's speed. Sort of like a net/web effect. Only not a dead stop, just slowed. Random idea.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
SU. Really. Cluster is good the way it is (same goes for skybolt btw) just that nobody *dancing* tries to learn to use it.
Not true, I know a few people that use the skybolt. Not many, but I've been working on it. It is really devastating against Raiders and OR once you master MAs with it. I also like it for the chasing capabilities.

Immanent

A new weapon, yes. The cluster just ain't cutting it; a slow, ground-pound only weapon that hardly does any more damage than a well placed GL round...and that's if you get the timing right. There are much better ways to go about doing things.

Random idea, though: increase the cluster count, decrease damage, but it have a greater affect on the target's speed. Sort of like a net/web effect. Only not a dead stop, just slowed. Random idea.

I made a thread that Cluster was under powered, and got DeadGuy to increase the damage and the number of bomblets released. I personally think that it becomes OP when a few of the people actually bother to learn how to use it properly. It takes an outrider down to 14%
and

DID I MENTION HOTSWAP FFS????? -___- gunner is pretty much a joke with cluster loadout being available.

Not true, I know a few people that use the skybolt. Not many, but I've been working on it. It is really devastating against Raiders and OR once you master MAs with it. I also like it for the chasing capabilities.

But if you get an OR with Plasma and a Snipey, then you're set. Plasma > Skybolt for duelling and Snipey > Skybolt for chasing (that's if you snipe them from your base), but if you want to chase them down and snipe..

Plasma's still better for chasing IMO

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
If you're chasing them down with plasma, and you have a snipe, you can't get close easily. Sure you can push yourself along somewhat with the plasma, but boost grenades and skybolt jumps are both probably more effective.

DOS4/GW

I made a thread that Cluster was under powered, and got DeadGuy to increase the damage and the number of bomblets released. I personally think that it becomes OP when a few of the people actually bother to learn how to use it properly. It takes an outrider down to 14%...

In most circumstances, you could get another rocket, grenade, or a fair bit of chaining in for the amount of time it takes for the cluster's hold and release. Maybe holding briefly and using the cluster's minimum timer is the way to go, then, but that really seems to limit your opportunities.

SU. Really. Cluster is good the way it is (same goes for skybolt btw) just that nobody *dancing* tries to learn to use it.

I love you too, Propkid, but I just have to disagree. Good for you if you're really, really good at cluster. But it just isn't as useful as LR or mortar. Raider deserves better exclusive weapon.

Propkid

I love you too, Propkid, but I just have to disagree. Good for you if you're really, really good at cluster. But it just isn't as useful as LR or mortar. Raider deserves better exclusive weapon.
All the loadouts have what they need in L:O. All bread and butter weapons are there, if you give raider something even better than cluster then nobody will be using RL anymore. The thing with the new guns is that they are situational; you're not meant to win whole fights solely with them but you're meant to use them at the right time to completely change the outcome of the situation ;/

If you buff cluster then expect it to get as much discussion/flame on these forums as the LR and Mortar. And I assume you know how many arguments have been going on in here about these.

Well then, Euros are lazy.