A Market in Legions?

Peroxide

Just a suggestion, What if you could have a market where you can buy things with money like Elite Moderator and Name color's, Etc.But the thing is you have to spend real money such as 5 dollars for these things.You can make real good money out of this specially having interesting things in the market :) Not just Legionaire's gear but all kinds of other stuff like (Diff colors to the jets) :D
Just saying ^^

Different jet colours would just get confusing and annoying.
I'm presuming you got the idea for Elite Mod from Combat Arms or something similar?
What I found was that Elite moderators equal Rage Kicks.
Some kid joins the game, gets repeatedly killed by an experienced player (as tends to happen), pays a few bucks for an EM, then comes and kicks out said experienced player for no real reason. Anyone who complains joins him.

Fixious

Test Lead
Nope, can't do. The devs can't make any money off of this. It's part of their agreement with IA(C).

Alex

..Elite moderators equal Rage Kicks.
Some kid joins the game, gets repeatedly killed by an experienced player (as tends to happen), pays a few bucks for an EM, then comes and kicks out said experienced player for no real reason. Anyone who complains joins him.
yep that pretty much sums it up...
we should all be equal in rank and let skill determine who stays and who doesn't

eldermimmmi

yes! sth like actiontokens-market but more things, not only voices/ skins, should be sold there. and f.e. if someone buys much there he depends on his acc, so you can demand tokens to change his name etc.
$_$

eldermimmmi

Meh this is stupid, the money should be regarded like a donation to keep legions alive....
Ok I've to admit that it's difficult to say whether it's making profit or not...
The only thing that I dont want is that L:OD quits like IA did :|

RainPilot

stinky bear
The developers can't legally make money but say L:O gets thousands of new players, I guess we could get IAC's interest some how. Even then, it probably won't happen; just because there wouldn't be enough servers, donations, or even advertisement to host/ attract thousands of players. Right now there are only about 200 forum members, most of them have jobs, school, or don't play legions much - meaning the servers would probably be dead during the morning. Except weekends. I think a lot of people are going to miss the public server like IA's where most people gained dueling skill through owning newbies. Now there will be a majority of very skilled players in the servers and getting chained out every time get's frustrating.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Buying mod status seems a little too much like a bad Idea. I don't see a need for a market, personally, because I'm just going to change the armor skin, helmet and voice.

Serket

If the devs can't make money how are they going to be able to maintain the servers up and all the stuff that requires money to keep working? I'm not complaining that I'm not gonna have to pay to play, but just like eldermimmmi I don't want to see legions: overdrive come down in flames just like IA did just because there wasn't enough money to keep it going.

I think that this is the time to bring in donations. Also peeps could set up the servers like TF2 where you can run a server off anything. Also i think that there should be a way to be rewarded for recruiting new players, say, have the voicepacks locked until you successfully get 3 peeps to join and play 3 games(each).

3lionz

Legions Developer
(This is just an extremely complicated concept, don't hate me for this ;))
Although real money cant be used, can in game currency attained from caps and kills be used to "buy" weapons and new style armour temporarily?
Probably hell to code, sorry guys :D

anak

VIP
This dev team wouldn't think of charging for this game, especially for trivial titles and whatnot- even if it WERE legal.

Pushi

If having admin powers on the server was what he meant with his "Elite mod status" then its really a dumb idea.Why would you ever wanna sell that kinda responsibility to a random person which has nothing better to do then buy admin powers to be able to be a more powerfull figure in the community ? It should be earned with trust not money. And im sure the dev's think the same