A list of things you learned about llamaing

Bane

Fun thread about what you learned about llamaing. I'll start.
1) Useful tactic when enemy capper is inbound.
2) Unnecessary to your team when you disposition the flag for your capper(s).

Mike

When there is no enemy is the opposing base in your way, and I llama, I'll immediately hear "That's pathetic".

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
It is very effective to grab the flag and then grenade jump out. It is also effective to let the flag inherit your velocity after dying by a grenade jump.

Shade

Private Tester
llamaing = how to not learn
There's nothing teaching new players how to cap (or do anything). How do you expect them to learn?

EDIT: Llama complaints, as well as rabbiting and o-sniping, can be solved by throwing new players into their own servers.

Dacil

There's nothing teaching new players how to cap (or do anything). How do you expect them to learn?
it's called taking the initiative to get into PUGs and talk to people who know how to cap...effort! i know! crazy!

Shade

Private Tester
New players want to play a game; they don't want to dig through forums just to figure out how to play a game. New players are unaware of what PUGs are and where to find the ts3 information. Honestly, what's the first thing you want to do in a game: play the game or dig through forums to figure out how to play the game?

Dacil

New players want to play a game; they don't want to dig through forums just to figure out how to play a game. New players are unaware of what PUGs are and where to find the ts3 information. Honestly, what's the first thing you want to do in a game: play the game or dig through forums to figure out how to play the game?
ironically i just told a fellow in the "looking for a clans" topic what a pug was since he asked....so obviously people who care will look at the forums, post, ask questions, get those answers, and learn...and if they don't do that they will probably never know what llama even is, and therefore not learn b/c they dont care. there's never been a game i've been in, where there was a llamaer and they were not called out on it (edit), so if they dont care to find out then llama = how to not learn b/c if they keep doing it, they're clearly not learning....that is all

Ucantry2run

Private Tester

I honestly would look through how to play a game correctly before jumping into it.

Bane

i say, if the D sucks balls, why not llama.
If you have a sucky D and good O, I'd go defense and block the incoming cappers with OD block w/ Sentinel. I'd rather stall the enemy's offense than ruin my capper's route.

Redvan

Private Tester
If you have a sucky D and good O, I'd go defense and block the incoming cappers with OD block w/ Sentinel. I'd rather stall the enemy's offense than ruin my capper's route.
all depends on the situation my friend, all depends on the situation.

Society

Well if your mature enough of course you would look to see how to play the game correctly like hints, tips etc. See if a 11-14 year old would dig threw the forums for useful information.

Armageddon

Teapot
I'm guilty of the llama but only in certain situations.

When im at the enemy teams base causing trouble and they have our flag and our cappers are not heading for the flag i'll grab it go as far as i can and throw it out just to buy my team sometime and hopefully stop the other team from capping.